Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2015, 05:39 PM   #1

Questions for 377RLBH owners

#1) Does anyone know how to turn off the outside fridge on this unit? According to the manual there is a knob to turn on the inside but the little fridge on my unit does not have such control.

#2) Is there a way to increase tension on the reclining theater seating? The slightest bump seems to cause the foot rest to fly up whether you want it to or not.

Thanks
Knauby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #2

I've only had mine for 5 days so far, so I'm still learning. I share your questions...

#1 - My tech told me the outside fridge only runs when you're plugged into shore power, but I as well cannot find where to turn OFF the unit. The manual says there is a temperature control knob "next to the freezer" that you turn to 0 to turn off but alas, there is no knob. My fridge is running now (we're plugged in) and I have no idea how to turn it off. It has to be on a breaker of some sort, perhaps with the outlet that's out there as well - hopefully that's all that's on it. I'll dig into that and see if I can uncover some info and perhaps it's a breaker-based solution to turn it off.

#2 - Similar issue - one of our theater seats won't stay IN. The footrest is out and won't lock in the 'in' position...sounds like a similar issue perhaps. I'm planning on flipping the unit over and digging into it when I have some time.

Let me know if you figure out any of these as well!
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #3

Well, we have had our 377rlbh for a week now ourselves. The refrig does not have any way to turn off except unplugging. I pulled out the refrig, unplugged it from behind, reversed the visable plug to the right and plugged it in there. that way when not in use, you can unplug it. also, when you pull out the refrig, on the back side is the temperature control. it is accessable only by removing the refrig. there is a whole lot of learning with the trailer!! If you have the large residential refrig in the kitchen, hope you found the water valves; one behing the stove and the other under the island behind the panel where you see the water lines disapper. Hope this helps.
fishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinfool View Post
Well, we have had our 377rlbh for a week now ourselves. The refrig does not have any way to turn off except unplugging. I pulled out the refrig, unplugged it from behind, reversed the visable plug to the right and plugged it in there. that way when not in use, you can unplug it. also, when you pull out the refrig, on the back side is the temperature control. it is accessable only by removing the refrig. there is a whole lot of learning with the trailer!! If you have the large residential refrig in the kitchen, hope you found the water valves; one behing the stove and the other under the island behind the panel where you see the water lines disapper. Hope this helps.
Appreciate the insight. Since I do not have mine yet this question may be overly simple -- but how do you get to the valve behind the stove and is the valve under the island visible? Are there two water valves because one is for the in-the-door water dispenser and the other for the ice maker?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-13-2015, 07:23 AM   #5

I don't know for the reason for two valves, but both must be on for water to get to the refrig.
the valve behind the stove is accessible by removing the drawer under the stove. There you will find the plastic line from the frig. Follow it until you come to a valve. The handle should be placed inline with the lines. As for the valve under the island, it is not visible just by looking under the island. (at least not in mine) Just follow the waterline from the faucet to the far left corner under the island, behind the protruding wood paneling box. Turn on that valve and you should have your water. These valve locations were neither shown to us during acceptance nor is mentioned in the manual. As a hint for you, be sure to have JAYCO's customer service e-mail handy as they are very prompt in answering any questions you might have on your new trailer. I've used them a number of times already and received good replies. Good luck with your trailer. You will love it!
fishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinfool View Post
I don't know for the reason for two valves, but both must be on for water to get to the refrig.
the valve behind the stove is accessible by removing the drawer under the stove. There you will find the plastic line from the frig. Follow it until you come to a valve. The handle should be placed inline with the lines. As for the valve under the island, it is not visible just by looking under the island. (at least not in mine) Just follow the waterline from the faucet to the far left corner under the island, behind the protruding wood paneling box. Turn on that valve and you should have your water. These valve locations were neither shown to us during acceptance nor is mentioned in the manual. As a hint for you, be sure to have JAYCO's customer service e-mail handy as they are very prompt in answering any questions you might have on your new trailer. I've used them a number of times already and received good replies. Good luck with your trailer. You will love it!
I have always been impressed with the willingness of Jayco owners to participate on this Forum. You are a great example of someone willing to share your experiences with others. I sincerely appreciate your help. Thank you so much. I will certainly strive to be a contributing participant, also.

Just thinking there may be two valves for redundancy in case one failed or a leak down stream?

Cheers.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #7

The valve under the stove is to shut the water off to the fridge, which you really don't need to do.
The one under the sink you shut off so you can turn on the third valve under the rig and drain the water from the fridge and from beyond the valve under the sink. The lines are all sloped downward from the valve under the sink to the valve under the rig.
So when winterizing, close the sink valve, open the valve under the rig, and hold the fridge water dispenser open and let air drain the water back through the fridge and it should all drain out under the rig. Also make the ice maker cycle too to let air in.
Then leave the valves like that and you won't get any antifreeze in the line after the sink valve, so you won't get antifreeze into your ice maker.
Or blow the whole system out with an air compressor.

There is only one thing I'm not sure of is if all the water actually drained out because when it drains backwards it must have to go backwards through the fridge water filter ?? When I took out the water filter there was still water in it, but there was no more water coming out the valve under the rig.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
The valve under the stove is to shut the water off to the fridge, which you really don't need to do.
The one under the sink you shut off so you can turn on the third valve under the rig and drain the water from the fridge and from beyond the valve under the sink. The lines are all sloped downward from the valve under the sink to the valve under the rig.
So when winterizing, close the sink valve, open the valve under the rig, and hold the fridge water dispenser open and let air drain the water back through the fridge and it should all drain out under the rig. Also make the ice maker cycle too to let air in.
Then leave the valves like that and you won't get any antifreeze in the line after the sink valve, so you won't get antifreeze into your ice maker.
Or blow the whole system out with an air compressor.

There is only one thing I'm not sure of is if all the water actually drained out because when it drains backwards it must have to go backwards through the fridge water filter ?? When I took out the water filter there was still water in it, but there was no more water coming out the valve under the rig.
Very helpful, many thanks!
Old 11-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #9

Can one of the 377RLBH owners give me a pin to nose measurement? The Jayco literature gives an overall measurement of 42'-7", and a pin to bumper measurement of 41"-1", so I could presume that the pin to nose measurement would be 1"-6", but I want to be sure.

I'm completely new to 5th wheels (previously owned a TT, a hybrid, and a couple of pop-ups), and I'm setting up my Pull-Rite Superglide hitch. I have the hitch pin clamp set directly over axle, as it's supposed to be, and I have 40" from where the pin would be to the back window of the truck. If that's enough clearance, I'll torque the bolts and be ready to take delivery. I have about 6"-8" of bolt holes (in 1" increments" that I could move it further back, if I need to, but that brings the hitch behind the axle.

I take delivery the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I'm going away for 6 days between now and then, so I'd like to get this done, and not have to worry about it.

Thank you for any assistance!!
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:09 PM   #10

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447621708.303558.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	20843

If you are looking from the front of the pin to the very front of the nose cap your looking at maybe 16-18"s
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #11

Thank you! That makes sense, with the measurements provided, and your photo confirms what I thought....

The race is in rain delay, and I've got a little bit of daylight left, but more that enough time to torque 8 bolts and be done with it!!!

Thanks, again!
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote