Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #41

I agree, our bedroom Schwintek has worked flawlessly since day one, the only issue we ever had was with the large Schwintek Slide, I still think it is a lot of weight for the system.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #42

Our 2011 Pinnacle REQS has had repair/replacement of plastic rollers on the Kitchen and bedroom slides at the end of this summer. Grinding noise and erratic movement was caused by these rollers. CW fixed them under after market warranty. The diagnosis was possible overloading. How can you overload a bed?
FiredguyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #43

Slide Repairs

Just had my 2013 351MKTS in for repairs of the large Kitchen Slide. While on the road , we had trouble and had to use the override procedure to retract the slide. It was determined that one of the motors were bad. The orginal motors were 300:1 gear ratio. They now make 500:1 Motors for heavy slides. I opted to replace both motors with the 500:1 setup. Got unit back yesterday and it sounds so much better. I now have a 300:1 motor that I can use on the bedroom slide if needed. Glad we went with the lower geared motors.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #44

500:1 wow. . Those spin fast that is some serious gear reduction.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzinfools View Post
On the new Jayco's have they had any trouble with the new Schwintech on there slideouts? I have seen other brands has had all kinds of troubles. The new Jayco I have on order has 2 of them I know it is to late to worry about this now but was just wondering.
We have a 2012 Pinnacle FW. we have had minor slide issues from the first season, only on the large (18') Kitchen slide. it is a Schwintek system but installed by Jayco. In my opinion, it is under engineered for the weight and size of this slide. As I write this, we are on vacation in Colorado with the Kitchen Slide broken. it took several of us six hours to get both motors out, move the gear shaft inboard and manually move the slide in. This slide is not light enough to do it with two people as some techs have suggested. Of course, this is happening after the two year warranty has expired! I should have taken out a full extended warranty on this unit given the size of these slides. We are currently without our Kitchen due to the position the slide is in when fully closed. To keep it closed without the motors in place, we used precisely cut boards (4) to hold it in and not enable the slide to go out. This is a real bummer when traveling. I am hoping someone will respond to this post who has "Upgraded" the original system to better handle the weight and size of these big slides! We have inquiry's into Lippert, Jayco, etc. to determine what can be done to enhance this system before we fix it.
Pinnacle Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #46
Site Team

Sorry for your predicament. I heard that they have a more powerful motor for this problem. Hope someone will chime that has had the problem.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #47

What do you mean by broke?

Usually if you remove power from the motors that releases the brake and you can push the slide in without removing the motors. Once pushed in (not an easy task agreed) when re powered the motors will hold the slide in place.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:51 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by taviking22 View Post
I have 2 Schwintek slides which have performed trouble-free during their first year of use. I read somewhere...can't remember (darned sometimers!) that it is important to keep the worm tracks clean of debris. If you google "Schwintek slide" you'll get quite a bit of info.
Well the issue bug has bitten me. On our drive up to Alaska our Schwintek entertainment slide started working intermittenly on the right hand side. Indictor light suggest a wiring issue.After the 1 hour it took to disassemble the slide to get to the drive motor I found that the blue lead wire was chafed and shorting out. Electrical tape and shrink wrap was the fix.

Worst part was taking apart the slide to get to the motor. I understand on newer models there is a motor access window in the slide frame.

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #49

Our tech said if the motor/s weren't operating, we would have to move them to an above the shaft position, then manually move the slide. this didn't prove to be doable. too much drag still from the shaft and gears. might have been too far out of alignment. anyway, had to remove everything to get it in.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #50

I have already talked to another Jayco Pinnacle owner who had the same wire shorting issue! I would have liked to have had a window in the channel to get the freaking motors out! had to take the whole channel out on both sides to get them out! Several hours of labor!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #51

The forward motor was not responding and three of the tracks were showing some wear. About that time, we decided to remove the motors on the advice of my back-home tech.

I have called several Dealer Service Managers to discuss this issue as it relates to their experience. One individual said most of the problems are not related to Schwintek but are more related to the alignment of the slide either from the factory or from road travels. He indicated that the tolerance for mis-alignment is only about 3/8" for both sides! This causes serious wear on the tracks and the issues begin! I called Lippert Mfg. to see if they have an upgrade package to resolve some of these issues. Turns out, they do. Part number is : INWALLSTD V000338359 . $ 831.13 plus freight truck shipping. Allow 5-7 business day lead time before it ships. The kit has steel channels, steel shaft and the 500:1 motors, not the 300:1. I plan to run this idea past a couple of service managers to see what they think. One of the issues with my 18' Kitchen Slide was the forward Channel twisted slightly and it was causing the gears to not align with the tracks properly. Hopefully, a new steel one will hold the shaft and gear assembly in place properly.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:08 AM   #52

I've only had mine 6 months , but no problems. It is the bedroom slide out.
jimetcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #53

Schwintek systems are hated by any RV tech, ask one. Jayco uses them on most every model due to they use nothing but electrical leveling systems on towables. The question is always when will they have issues not when but what. Lippert has updates out there for the older 300:1 systems. keep in mind that other OEM RV manufacturers use hydraulic systems which are more forgiving than Schwintek.
Did you ever wonder why Jayco use hydraulic systems on the Class A and C models and not electronic Ground Control?
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #54

2011 Eagle 365 BHS no issues to date with Schwintech. I think it is a fairly robust system.
B & W Companion

Central MO
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #55

Six months and many times in and out (with stops and starts too) without a problem yet but it's a small bedroom slide. The large slide is a Power Gear and operates much different and faster. After reading this thread I'm going to be apprehensive every time I use the bed slide. I still don't have much confidence in my ability to operate it manually by unplugging the motors or pulling the motors. Hope I never have to find out.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:34 PM   #56
jtw

I found a few hunks of ground up rubber on my bedroom floor last week, what tore it up? Would a mis-aligned schwintech cause this?
Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Did you ever wonder why Jayco use hydraulic systems on the Class A and C models and not electronic Ground Control?
But they have elec slides. JAYCO has been saying for years, long before they started using the Schwintek slide systems, that they felt the elec slide systems were better.

As I posted earlier in another thread, Schwintek is used on many other brands including Winebago on their class "A"s and they too use hydraulic levelers.