Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #51
The forward motor was not responding and three of the tracks were showing some wear. About that time, we decided to remove the motors on the advice of my back-home tech.

I have called several Dealer Service Managers to discuss this issue as it relates to their experience. One individual said most of the problems are not related to Schwintek but are more related to the alignment of the slide either from the factory or from road travels. He indicated that the tolerance for mis-alignment is only about 3/8" for both sides! This causes serious wear on the tracks and the issues begin! I called Lippert Mfg. to see if they have an upgrade package to resolve some of these issues. Turns out, they do. Part number is : INWALLSTD V000338359 . $ 831.13 plus freight truck shipping. Allow 5-7 business day lead time before it ships. The kit has steel channels, steel shaft and the 500:1 motors, not the 300:1. I plan to run this idea past a couple of service managers to see what they think. One of the issues with my 18' Kitchen Slide was the forward Channel twisted slightly and it was causing the gears to not align with the tracks properly. Hopefully, a new steel one will hold the shaft and gear assembly in place properly.

Pinnacle Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:08 AM   #52
I've only had mine 6 months , but no problems. It is the bedroom slide out.

jimetcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #53
Schwintek systems are hated by any RV tech, ask one. Jayco uses them on most every model due to they use nothing but electrical leveling systems on towables. The question is always when will they have issues not when but what. Lippert has updates out there for the older 300:1 systems. keep in mind that other OEM RV manufacturers use hydraulic systems which are more forgiving than Schwintek.
Did you ever wonder why Jayco use hydraulic systems on the Class A and C models and not electronic Ground Control?
2015 F-450 XLT 440 HP Power Stroke 26.5K Custom Resse F/W, Manual Regen, 19.5 Rubber
2014 Oreion Sand Reeper 4x4 Toy steel everywhere, street legal and licensed, 5 speed manual, 3 cylinder DOHC "Chery" engine and 2 door fun.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #54
2011 Eagle 365 BHS no issues to date with Schwintech. I think it is a fairly robust system.
Derek, Wife, and 3 kids
2016 NorthPoint 377RLBH
2015 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW SLE Duramax
B & W Companion

Central MO
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #55
Six months and many times in and out (with stops and starts too) without a problem yet but it's a small bedroom slide. The large slide is a Power Gear and operates much different and faster. After reading this thread I'm going to be apprehensive every time I use the bed slide. I still don't have much confidence in my ability to operate it manually by unplugging the motors or pulling the motors. Hope I never have to find out.
2015 Greyhawk 29MV
Honda CRV toad with Blue Ox baseplate
Ready Brute Elite towbar with braking system
Hughes autoformer
TST 507 Flowthru TPMS
hoppers4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:34 PM   #56
I found a few hunks of ground up rubber on my bedroom floor last week, what tore it up? Would a mis-aligned schwintech cause this?
2015 345 BHTS 5th Wheel
2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Diesel
jtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 PM   #57
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Did you ever wonder why Jayco use hydraulic systems on the Class A and C models and not electronic Ground Control?
But they have elec slides. JAYCO has been saying for years, long before they started using the Schwintek slide systems, that they felt the elec slide systems were better.

As I posted earlier in another thread, Schwintek is used on many other brands including Winebago on their class "A"s and they too use hydraulic levelers.

PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote