Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #1

Rear receiver hitch on 361REQS Premier

As I understand it the '14 Premier has "Frame prepped for cargo receiver".

Is there a specific assy that Jayco sells to install on the back and provide a 2" rcvr? Anyone have this on theirs? I search for a picture but all I found was trailers with them on, not a pic of what the assy looked like. Want to put a 2-bike carrier on the back.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #2

I have a picture here with my 2 inch receiver. Not much to it. There are four bolts that mounts to the frame.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfowler View Post
I have a picture here with my 2 inch receiver. Not much to it. There are four bolts that mounts to the frame.
Where does it mount to the frame? I figured if they were prepped for the hitch there would be some holes or brackets at the back but the rear stabs take up the back end of the frame.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:57 PM   #4

Then it is not prepped since there are "L" brackets welded to the frame that the receiver bolts to.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:22 AM   #5

I'm going by the brochure for '14 which has a std line item that says "Frame prepped for bike rack/cargo tray". I would expect that would mean something is actually there and not just that an engineer thought about it for the weight. I emailed Jayco CS so I'll see what they have to say.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:55 AM   #6

Players, My $0.02 worth. There is a difference between "Frame prepped for a bike rack/cargo tray" and "Frame prepped for a receiver hitch". The "bike rack/cargo tray" is just that, a pull out tray that the bikes and cargo sit on while traveling. When not in use, it slides under the rear of the unit. I think that is what the brochure is referring to.

Now after saying that, I need to determine how to attach a receiver to the rear of mine to double tow a trailer.

Shorty
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #7

Jayco sent me the drawing for the slide out cargo tray. It mounts to 6 points under the frame and the "prepped" part means there are U-shaped pieces welded on with wings that take bolts. The four to the rear are used to mount the rear stabs so it looks like the stabs come off, the rack goes on and then the stabs go back on. I won't be getting their tray but next spring I'll make use of the existing fittings and weld up a hitch that'll bolt up to them. I only need to carry two bikes so not looking for a lot of weight to hang on there.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
Players, My $0.02 worth. There is a difference between "Frame prepped for a bike rack/cargo tray" and "Frame prepped for a receiver hitch". The "bike rack/cargo tray" is just that, a pull out tray that the bikes and cargo sit on while traveling. When not in use, it slides under the rear of the unit. I think that is what the brochure is referring to.

Now after saying that, I need to determine how to attach a receiver to the rear of mine to double tow a trailer.

Shorty
The '14 brochure says prepped for the tray, the '15 brochure says prepped for receiver so I would think the latter one will take an actual hitch setup. No indication of load capability though, maybe CS will have that info.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
The '14 brochure says prepped for the tray, the '15 brochure says prepped for receiver so I would think the latter one will take an actual hitch setup. No indication of load capability though, maybe CS will have that info.
The Premier and Pinnacle is 300 lbs and a sticker says "not for towing".
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote