Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #1

Rear recliners rockers

Just purchased HT 27 5 RLTS not sure how others are putting the seats back in there spot when transporting, or moving them out when at park.
I'm over 6 foot and 235 pounds and I'm having a heck of a time lifting them up to move them out. There must be an easier way. Any ideas or tips are much appreciated.
Murray
perky28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:23 AM   #2

We have dual recliners in our 33.5RETS. They are awkward and heavy. We have carpet on the floor there so I just slide them around. I already have a bad back so would not think of lifting them at all. They have to be placed just right too for the opposing slides to close back up without doing any damage.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #3

We had them in our rig too. I found them too big and cumbersome so removed both of them. One was totally useless to use because if you sat in it you couldn't see the TV screen. I replaced one of them with those Euro loungers and used the spot the other was in for something else. Worked out much better.
https://fivejustrolling.blogspot.com/
Ken&Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #4

Oh no.. We just ordered a 27.5 RLTS with recliners. Do they have to be moved to transport??
Flagstone73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #5

Don't you just turn them sideways??
Old 09-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #6

In my 30.5 RLS, the recliners need to be stored sideways and against the back wall so that the slide out will clear and close. Then you pull them back out forward to use, or you will bang against the window boxes.

In the first 6 months we found that the recliners rub against the small center (fixed in place) table while in transit. Sliced a piece of pool noodle to cover the edge of the table to help protect the back of the recliners.

Yes - pain to move in and out, but boy are they comfortable !

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #7

I agree they are comfortable, but darn they're a nuisance to move in and out. I found they were rubbing against the small center table too, the noodles sound like a good tip.
perky28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #8

Ditto, and with the 26.5 RLS one HAS to be moved to close the slide. And of course, it is a transition area - carpet to floor, so things get a little hung up. If you get it all just right, you have just barely a bit of room to squeeze by to get to the refrig, bathroom, etc. when everything is closed up. But it has to be exactly right!
Not a perfect solution, but I use "panel carriers" from Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-P...300K/202262083), one hooked on each side, then the chair can be lifted and moved. Doesn't leave any marks.
BTW - my local COSTCO has the same recliner in stock for about $370......my wife is seriously considering one or two more for the house they are so comfortable...
Old 09-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #9
SGT

We have the same model and yes they are awkward at best to move. The tie down ring underneath each one makes sliding them tricky. There isn't much room on either side of the center table or to clear the slides. I've found that if I lift the back or tilt it to the front slightly and shove the front with my knees, I can position them fairly easily. The round base on them can also cause them to drift to one side instead of tracking straight as you slide them. It does get somewhat better with practice. I do agree their comfort is an even trade for their awkwardness.

SGT, RLT & Lacy the Shih Tzu
2015 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2006 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4 x 4 - 5.4 Triton
Pullrite Superglide

Keep calm & pull a Jayco.
SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #10

I always lay mine down on their back with the two bases toward each other in the middle, stick a pillow between the arms and the back wall window track. They don't move and run holes in them. I tried the tie down method that Jayco said use, they rubbed and it wouldn't have been long that a hole would have been in them. I just grab the round base and swing it around and lift the chair up when we get to where we are going.
rbarker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #11

Never thought to lay them down. I know space is a premium but I couldn't figure out why they didn't make my White Hawk 27 DSRL just a few inches longer to allow for the chairs.
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #12

We have the same model trailer. Would you mind telling me the brand name/model of your recliners?
Old 02-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #13

Thanks for that tip on using the pool noodles. So far, the only place we've been in ours is from the dealer to our driveway. Getting these tips ahead of time will come in handy before our first outing. I've only moved our recliners out and in once, but can see from that with a little practice it will get easier to do. Thanks for the tips.
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybrown29 View Post
We have the same model trailer. Would you mind telling me the brand name/model of your recliners?
Sorry. We do not get our trailer until June!!