Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #181

Thanks TexasRT,
The fan does come on with the heat/AC in the OFF position... not sure why we can not run the fan continuously in either heat or AC modes... Typically a very efficient way to keep air moving!!

Rock,

We have not had any problems with the Ground zero leveling system as long as the Front starts from ABOVE level and if the side is very unlevel, we close the difference by bringing the low side up with blocks under the tires (which we've only had to do once)...

We are still loving the FBTS and learning more about the unit and RVin' everyday... But sure wish the rain would move out of the Pacific NW....
Old 11-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_FBTS View Post
Thanks TexasRT,
The fan does come on with the heat/AC in the OFF position... not sure why we can not run the fan continuously in either heat or AC modes... Typically a very efficient way to keep air moving!!

Rock,

We have not had any problems with the Ground zero leveling system as long as the Front starts from ABOVE level and if the side is very unlevel, we close the difference by bringing the low side up with blocks under the tires (which we've only had to do once)...

We are still loving the FBTS and learning more about the unit and RVin' everyday... But sure wish the rain would move out of the Pacific NW....
AZ I guess I misunderstood what you were wanting it to do.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #183

AZ
Thanks for the replies. Our units came off the line probably close together. Send me a list of stuff that I can go over with mine on Saturday. I can ask my dealer why is this!! I do have a question for all u guys. Last week looking at my unit the slide roofs were kind of wrinkled at the Rv when fully extended. I took my ladder and went over to another unit and it was the same. I noticed when fully extended the slide roof angled up at the side wall of the Rv. I figure that was a good design to keep any water on the slide roof from entering into the Rv. But I did not like the TPO material being kind of wrinkled where it tilted up On the roof the only wrinkles I seen were by the vent covers. Is the TPO material totally flat at the Rv when ur slides r fully extended or kind of wrinkled looking like the two units I looked at?
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #184

Hello TexasRT,
You did understand and your advice did lead me to enabling the fan to run, but I'm still unsure why we can't run the fan continuously in either heat or AC modes... I do this at home all the time, but I guess it's not typical or std in an RV... Still learning...

Thanks again, I truly value your advice and experience..
Old 11-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #185

Rock,

At times the slide out toppers are pulled tight, at other times it appears they give slack to allow water run-off... I'm actually quick amazed at how well they perform in some of the rain and wind we have experienced!!

Last Saturday in Portland it rained 2.43" in one day.... periodically, it appears the slide toppers would relax one end the gallons of water would run off... We were very amazed and quite thankful of how well they performed!!

Again, I'm not certain how or why they worked this way, but bottom line...They worked like a champ!!!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #186

AZ
Not the slide toppers I am asking about the slide roof TPO material like the FW roof. Both units I looked at with slides fully extended when I looked under the slide topper the slide TPO material was wrinkled up by the wiper seals at the Rv top. My concern is will the top wiper seals wear thru the bunched up or wrinkled TPO material. If u get on a ladder and look at the slide roof at the Rv is yours also kind of bunched up or wrinkled. My TT slide roof is totally smooth but non of the Pinnacle slide tops were. I like the way they tilt up to keep rain out but the material wrinkles concern me. U have to be on a ladder with slides out to look under the slide topper to see it.
Rock
Old 11-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #187

You can see the slide roof clearly from the inside when they are retracted.
Mine too flair up on the end but are baby bum smooth.
Yes I think a bunching would make the slide seal funny, if not wear out that spot.
Tell them you want it fixed.. You aren't happy.
I'm sure the dealer wants you to be happy.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:03 AM   #188

klassic
I will do that during my demo. Bring one slide in at a time to be able to look. With all slides in everything is blocked. Thanks for letting me know your TPO material is smooth on slide tops
Rock
Old 11-12-2015, 07:13 AM   #189

Large slider a problem?

Newbie ( a real novice) ready to order the FBTS. Is the large kitchen slider a deterrent? Other model we are considering has 5 smaller slides.
Normandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #190

Normandee,

That large kitchen slide was not a deterrent for us. It seems to be operating pretty well so far. But again, I consider myself fairly lucky to know ex-coworkers at Lippert Components that know how to repair both types of systems that are used on the slide rooms. The simplest system is the one that operates the large door side room. It is one of Lippert's original designs from 12 or 14 years ago and is called an "outboard thru frame flush floor" system. In fact, I need to get some of my combination wrenches out and crawl under to do some minor adjusting to eliminate some popping and clunking as it moves in and out. In-other-words, quiet it down and smooth out the operation.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:15 AM   #191

Dalengail, since you have manufacturer experience. What do you think about putting the slides out first, before auto levelling as mention in another thread.
It's no secrete that the auto level is putting pressure on the frame and as mentioned in the other thread the slides are installed and adjusted while the rig is sitting on the axels and front jacks.
It makes sense that a Schwintec slide should be moved while the frame is still in its unpressurized state.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:55 AM   #192

I get my demo Saturday and will ask. Like stated before u never see but landing gear down and all slides open on dealer lots. I might give Jayco a call about this issue. It makes no sense to me why they would install the slides without the unit level and would seem very hard to put a slide in a tilted unit
Rock
Old 11-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #193

thanks. We need all the help we can get.
Normandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #194

Hello All,

It's been 25 days now and our original shakedown continues... No major issue to report and we could not be happier with the FBTS slide-outs and floor plan.

We have leveled unit PRIOR to putting out slides each time since that's what we were told.. However, I do think it's interesting to considering doing it first.. You sure do hear the unit stressing as its leveling, but we've had no issues!!

We really like the long/wide opposing slides... Gives us lots of room! but then again we dont really have anything to compare it to, just know we really enjoy this layout!!!

Normandee... we would not change a thing!.. Good Luck!
Old 11-12-2015, 11:20 AM   #195

OK guys, here is my take.

One of the very first things that all of us needs to understand and know inside and out is the 6 point ground leveling system. It does not matter if it is hydraulic pump driven as some other manufacturers use or, whether it is 2.0 or 3.0 electric motor versions like most of us Pinnacle owners have.

If the system has been calibrated correctly from the git-go, it should not be putting any stress on the frame whatsoever! I erge all of you to learn how to do this. One of the best things that everyone should do is keep handy in the basement or storage compartment, a 2 foot carpenter's level. Periodically use it to check front to rear and side to side level after you have set up and made camp. Once the 6 point leveling system has been calibrated when the unit has been manually leveled, it should be good as long as nothing happens to it.

Now, as far as opening all or any of the slide rooms without the leveling system in use, some of you are going to disagree with what I am about to say.

As long as the unit is not grossly uneven from front to rear or side to side or from opposing corners, you should be able to open and close any of the rooms any amount of distance any time you want! I have done it successfully on 3 different units for the last 12 years with no damage. I have done it a couple times on the Pinnacle and haven't busted anything yet.

When I am making camp, I do set the unit level with the ground leveling system before I open the rooms. But, while it is doing that, I am hooking up utilities because, sometimes it may take several minutes for it to do its thing. Depending on how uneven the site might be.

Another thing to keep in mind........when engaging the leveling system, it is not a real good idea to have anyone walking around inside the unit. Especially, someone with a 260 pound rear like me. It could most likely confuse the leveling "brain".

As I said, some of you will disagree with what I have mentioned here. But, this is what has always worked for me.

Sorry for such a long post.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #196

Finally the day came and we got our new FBTS. Spent a little over two hours doing the demo along with three hours of inspection time two weeks ago. All systems checked good. The level system worked fine and I noticed it has 35 amp fuses and heavy wire ran to the controller mounted in the basement on the ceiling. We did find some stuff that needs to be replaced and repaired
1. The right slide roof TPO material is bunched up at the forward corner that when fully out lifts the rubber seal up.
2. The bottom of the same slide has a spot in the material about six inches that is scrapped up by rubbing on something when the slide is just about all the way in. Might of happened during build. I am going to place a piece of tape over to see if that also gets scraped up running the slide or was like that when built
3. One of the panels on 12 cubic ft Norcold frig is scratched and will be replaced
4. Salesman checked with Jayco to ensure back up camera came with the Garmin gps head unit and was told yes. It is just a display and see where that goes
5. The bed frame forward wood piece has deep ripped gouges and will be replaced
6. Numerous spots on interior wood trim needs to be touched up where the nail gun left open spots during install
7. Kitchen slide has a bad mount bracket. When slide is closed if you look at the Schwintec vertical support both sides have two metal brackets that connect the vertical support to the trailer wall. The right side bottom bracket was made to small and the screw holes are half in the metal and open. The screws are barely holding the bracket to the frame. Dealer is checking with Jayco on fix. Looks like an easy fix just to add a piece of metal to that section

Never pulled a fifth wheel and could not believe how it towed. It was like I was just driving the truck by itself. My TT with anti sway equalizer bars was no where as good as the FW. Also surprised that I got almost two mpg better than towing my TT at 60 mph. The FW is bigger and heavier but sleeker in the front than my TT. Spent the rest of Sat and all today running everything and filling all tanks to check guages and for leaks. No leaks anywhere but do have a bad bathroom gray tank shutoff valve. The pull handle is twice as stiff as the others and water will run at a small stream out the dump when closed. I filled that tank twice and ran valve numerous times and still leaks. It will empty a full tank in an hour when closed. Just ordered a twist on valve as a temporary fix until it goes back to dealer for the other stuff. We spent last night just relaxing inside ( with some cold ones) just enjoying it parked in the driveway. Cannot wait for the first trip to the Fl Panhandle turkey week. Will try and post some pics tomorrow of the bracket and slide TPO that is bunched up
Rock
Old 11-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #197

Not too bad Rock.. You will probably find something else after your trip.
Did you check the vacuum for the long screws? I'm curious to see if the bozo, who installs the vacuum, has been told to use some common sense yet.
All the units at my dealer still have the long screws poking out.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #198

klassic
On the vacuum u mean where the bag pushes on in the basement? If so mine has two screws that stick thru. I just pushed the bag cardboard so the screws pushed thru that. Will just cut them off with a dremel next time
Rock
Old 11-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #199

Ya there. Maybe your screws are smaller.. I have seen two different lengths now.

I don't know how you pushed that bag on. I messed up my bag trying to do that, cut a finger, had to pull everything out of the basement I had just put in, hurt my back crawling in to be in a good position, and hit my head on the corner of the morryde shelf at least 5 times.
I have a personal pet peeve with the screw installer.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #200

klassic
Sounds like u need to take the screw bozo deep sea fishing. You gotta wonder if they do some of this stuff on purpose.
Rock