Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #181

Thanks TexasRT,
The fan does come on with the heat/AC in the OFF position... not sure why we can not run the fan continuously in either heat or AC modes... Typically a very efficient way to keep air moving!!

Rock,

We have not had any problems with the Ground zero leveling system as long as the Front starts from ABOVE level and if the side is very unlevel, we close the difference by bringing the low side up with blocks under the tires (which we've only had to do once)...

We are still loving the FBTS and learning more about the unit and RVin' everyday... But sure wish the rain would move out of the Pacific NW....

Old 11-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_FBTS View Post
Thanks TexasRT,
The fan does come on with the heat/AC in the OFF position... not sure why we can not run the fan continuously in either heat or AC modes... Typically a very efficient way to keep air moving!!

Rock,

We have not had any problems with the Ground zero leveling system as long as the Front starts from ABOVE level and if the side is very unlevel, we close the difference by bringing the low side up with blocks under the tires (which we've only had to do once)...

We are still loving the FBTS and learning more about the unit and RVin' everyday... But sure wish the rain would move out of the Pacific NW....
AZ I guess I misunderstood what you were wanting it to do.

Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:23 PM   #183

AZ
Thanks for the replies. Our units came off the line probably close together. Send me a list of stuff that I can go over with mine on Saturday. I can ask my dealer why is this!! I do have a question for all u guys. Last week looking at my unit the slide roofs were kind of wrinkled at the Rv when fully extended. I took my ladder and went over to another unit and it was the same. I noticed when fully extended the slide roof angled up at the side wall of the Rv. I figure that was a good design to keep any water on the slide roof from entering into the Rv. But I did not like the TPO material being kind of wrinkled where it tilted up On the roof the only wrinkles I seen were by the vent covers. Is the TPO material totally flat at the Rv when ur slides r fully extended or kind of wrinkled looking like the two units I looked at?
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #184

Hello TexasRT,
You did understand and your advice did lead me to enabling the fan to run, but I'm still unsure why we can't run the fan continuously in either heat or AC modes... I do this at home all the time, but I guess it's not typical or std in an RV... Still learning...

Thanks again, I truly value your advice and experience..
Old 11-08-2015, 06:10 PM   #185

Rock,

At times the slide out toppers are pulled tight, at other times it appears they give slack to allow water run-off... I'm actually quick amazed at how well they perform in some of the rain and wind we have experienced!!

Last Saturday in Portland it rained 2.43" in one day.... periodically, it appears the slide toppers would relax one end the gallons of water would run off... We were very amazed and quite thankful of how well they performed!!

Again, I'm not certain how or why they worked this way, but bottom line...They worked like a champ!!!
Old 11-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #186

AZ
Not the slide toppers I am asking about the slide roof TPO material like the FW roof. Both units I looked at with slides fully extended when I looked under the slide topper the slide TPO material was wrinkled up by the wiper seals at the Rv top. My concern is will the top wiper seals wear thru the bunched up or wrinkled TPO material. If u get on a ladder and look at the slide roof at the Rv is yours also kind of bunched up or wrinkled. My TT slide roof is totally smooth but non of the Pinnacle slide tops were. I like the way they tilt up to keep rain out but the material wrinkles concern me. U have to be on a ladder with slides out to look under the slide topper to see it.
Rock
Old 11-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #187

You can see the slide roof clearly from the inside when they are retracted.
Mine too flair up on the end but are baby bum smooth.
Yes I think a bunching would make the slide seal funny, if not wear out that spot.
Tell them you want it fixed.. You aren't happy.
I'm sure the dealer wants you to be happy.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:03 AM   #188

klassic
I will do that during my demo. Bring one slide in at a time to be able to look. With all slides in everything is blocked. Thanks for letting me know your TPO material is smooth on slide tops
Rock
Old 11-12-2015, 06:13 AM   #189

Large slider a problem?

Newbie ( a real novice) ready to order the FBTS. Is the large kitchen slider a deterrent? Other model we are considering has 5 smaller slides.
Normandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:01 AM   #190

Normandee,

That large kitchen slide was not a deterrent for us. It seems to be operating pretty well so far. But again, I consider myself fairly lucky to know ex-coworkers at Lippert Components that know how to repair both types of systems that are used on the slide rooms. The simplest system is the one that operates the large door side room. It is one of Lippert's original designs from 12 or 14 years ago and is called an "outboard thru frame flush floor" system. In fact, I need to get some of my combination wrenches out and crawl under to do some minor adjusting to eliminate some popping and clunking as it moves in and out. In-other-words, quiet it down and smooth out the operation.

dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote