Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #21

I forgot we went with the gas fridg to.
gowesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #22

We purchased our 2015 36FBTS in May of this year and have been very happy with the unit. This is the 3rd 5th wheel we've owned and our first Jayco. While we are not full-timers, we certainly get full use of the unit as we enjoy camping and traveling about 75% of the time. Since picking up our 5er in May, we have put approximately 5000 miles on it already. Having been across the U.S. and back, we have had an opportunity to put everything to the test with bumpy roads, severe rainstorms, dry camping, etc. Some of our pros and cons follow.

Pros........
We love the layout. We tried the front living room layout with our prior 5er and did not like the configuration, especially when entertaining. Some would congregate in the kitchen and some in the living room. This layout is much more entertainment friendly and everyone agrees. The 2nd bathroom is also a plus when entertaining.

Someone else in the forum mentioned the fact that the bedroom is dark and allows for the late sleepers to do just that. We agree.

The Master Bath is great!!! Lots of room for both to occupy if necessary and the roomy shower is such an improvement over the corner shower we previously had. The storage in the closet is fantastic and the double sinks divine!

I love the kitchen and do have adequate space to store all my kitchen stuff. I can't say I have any extra space left over waiting to be occupied, but have to say the amount of storage is adequate. I love the island as I can cook a meal or clean up after a meal and still be in the loop if we have guests over.

The living room area is perfect. We love the theater seats and the couch with recliners on each end. I love the fact that the couch is not a hideaway as everyone we have had to date has been very uncomfortable. The blowup bed provided was of average quality and we have already substituted a superior model which we had at home, providing a better sleeping experience for our guests. We have already used this sleeping arrangement many times as we often have family join us while we are camping here and there. They agree that this sleeping arrangement is great!

We love both awnings outside as they provide a lot of shade from the sun for the entire side of the 5er. The basement is huge and provides more than adequate storage. The thermal pane windows and the extra insulation have already proven themselves to be worth the expense. Since our purchase, we have experienced both temps near freezing and as hot as 90+ degrees and found these extras have keep us from using the amount of propane and A/C used in the past with prior units owned.

Cons.........
Within the first 2 weeks of ownership of our new unit, we had 2 blowouts with the provided Rainier tires. We replaced all 4 tires and why we did not replace the spare, still baffles us. We will be doing that very soon. I do have to say that our next set of tires will definitely be the Goodyear G614's after reading all the posts on the forum regarding the issue of tires.

The 2.0 Ground Control leveling system took quite a while to get used to. We previously had a leveling system that was hydraulic with no adjusting legs and all you had to do when you parked, was to hit the auto level button and it was completely level within a minute, with no error messages ever. We were disappointed with the electric 2.0 system for the first couple of months. We have since gotten used to it and after reading all the information on the forums, feel this is a good reliable system. We are having very few problems after having pretty much mastered the use of it.

One other person on this forum mentioned the kitchen faucet that turns on by itself when traveling. This definitely reared its ugly head on our first voyage and caused quite a mess as it sprayed water all over everything, causing our table and one chair to delaminate. Our dealer is in the process of replacing table and chair and has already installed a 2nd faucet for us. Unfortunately, the 2nd faucet does the same thing. We have taken to securing the faucet when we travel with a bungey cord but the dealer feels this is not the correct approach so we are on the look out for a better faucet that does not behave in this manner. Wondering if anyone else out has found the solution outside of securing the faucet.

We have had a number of other issues with our 5er which have been handled wonderfully by our dealer. They know we travel a lot and are very accommodating to getting us scheduled for work when it works for us.

All in all, we are extremely happy with our 2015 36FBTS!!!! We cannot say enough about how happy we are that we made the change to Jayco and to this particular unit.
YooperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #23

We had the same problem with the faucet. We just use a heavy duty rubber band, has not leaked since.
Curt Q20 Hitch. Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Air bags. Airlift Wireless One compressor.
cgbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperGirl View Post
We purchased our 2015 36FBTS in May of this year and have been very happy with the unit. This is the 3rd 5th wheel we've owned and our first Jayco. While we are not full-timers, we certainly get full use of the unit as we enjoy camping and traveling about 75% of the time. Since picking up our 5er in May, we have put approximately 5000 miles on it already. Having been across the U.S. and back, we have had an opportunity to put everything to the test with bumpy roads, severe rainstorms, dry camping, etc. Some of our pros and cons follow.

Pros........
We love the layout. We tried the front living room layout with our prior 5er and did not like the configuration, especially when entertaining. Some would congregate in the kitchen and some in the living room. This layout is much more entertainment friendly and everyone agrees. The 2nd bathroom is also a plus when entertaining.

Someone else in the forum mentioned the fact that the bedroom is dark and allows for the late sleepers to do just that. We agree.

The Master Bath is great!!! Lots of room for both to occupy if necessary and the roomy shower is such an improvement over the corner shower we previously had. The storage in the closet is fantastic and the double sinks divine!

I love the kitchen and do have adequate space to store all my kitchen stuff. I can't say I have any extra space left over waiting to be occupied, but have to say the amount of storage is adequate. I love the island as I can cook a meal or clean up after a meal and still be in the loop if we have guests over.

The living room area is perfect. We love the theater seats and the couch with recliners on each end. I love the fact that the couch is not a hideaway as everyone we have had to date has been very uncomfortable. The blowup bed provided was of average quality and we have already substituted a superior model which we had at home, providing a better sleeping experience for our guests. We have already used this sleeping arrangement many times as we often have family join us while we are camping here and there. They agree that this sleeping arrangement is great!

We love both awnings outside as they provide a lot of shade from the sun for the entire side of the 5er. The basement is huge and provides more than adequate storage. The thermal pane windows and the extra insulation have already proven themselves to be worth the expense. Since our purchase, we have experienced both temps near freezing and as hot as 90+ degrees and found these extras have keep us from using the amount of propane and A/C used in the past with prior units owned.

Cons.........
Within the first 2 weeks of ownership of our new unit, we had 2 blowouts with the provided Rainier tires. We replaced all 4 tires and why we did not replace the spare, still baffles us. We will be doing that very soon. I do have to say that our next set of tires will definitely be the Goodyear G614's after reading all the posts on the forum regarding the issue of tires.

The 2.0 Ground Control leveling system took quite a while to get used to. We previously had a leveling system that was hydraulic with no adjusting legs and all you had to do when you parked, was to hit the auto level button and it was completely level within a minute, with no error messages ever. We were disappointed with the electric 2.0 system for the first couple of months. We have since gotten used to it and after reading all the information on the forums, feel this is a good reliable system. We are having very few problems after having pretty much mastered the use of it.

One other person on this forum mentioned the kitchen faucet that turns on by itself when traveling. This definitely reared its ugly head on our first voyage and caused quite a mess as it sprayed water all over everything, causing our table and one chair to delaminate. Our dealer is in the process of replacing table and chair and has already installed a 2nd faucet for us. Unfortunately, the 2nd faucet does the same thing. We have taken to securing the faucet when we travel with a bungey cord but the dealer feels this is not the correct approach so we are on the look out for a better faucet that does not behave in this manner. Wondering if anyone else out has found the solution outside of securing the faucet.

We have had a number of other issues with our 5er which have been handled wonderfully by our dealer. They know we travel a lot and are very accommodating to getting us scheduled for work when it works for us.

All in all, we are extremely happy with our 2015 36FBTS!!!! We cannot say enough about how happy we are that we made the change to Jayco and to this particular unit.
Congrats on the unit. Great summary and write-up.
We are also going to the G614's in the near future. It's silly that manufacturers skimp on one the most important items on these or any other units. The faucet issue is definitely a common problem and the bungee cord/rubber band seems to be the most common solution.
We have had a couple of minor issues so far, actually so minor I just took care of them.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #25

I want to get 50 amp box at my house for my new baby. I need to know exactly where the power reel is from the back and how long is the cord. My power is on the other side of the house from driveway. I looked at so many things I cannot even remember but I think it was on left rear a foot or two forward.
Tks
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:17 PM   #26

Yes- the power cord is on the left (street side) rear. I would say the cable is 25-27 feet long. I haven't actually measured it.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:23 PM   #27

So how did it go. Please let us know
Tks
Rock
Old 09-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #28

Me and my wife picked up our 2016 36FBTS last friday, the pre delivery inspection went great, we could not find any problems at that time the fit and finish of everthing was great. On delivery the dealer found two leds burnt out on the front and ordered one right away. over the three day weekend we only noticed a couplle small problems, one there is a squeak in the front bath floor when you walk in and second is it rained pretty hard sunday night and there was a small drip of water coming in on the antenna, probably a seal not installed properly, we had the same problem on a Montana we owned only that one leaked pretty good. Over all we are very satisfied with it and are happy we purchased it. As a note are front lights on the cap are turned on and off by the front hitch and are not connected to the awning lights. We now have it back at the dealer getting it repaired because we do not need it right now, what is nice is that our dealer is only 26 miles away. Oh , I did try the auto level and did get a fault, I feel the problem was caused by me by not putting the front jacks down far enough and they bottomed out while trying to self level,I never got a chance to mess with it after that, I will say is that the system keeps the trailer nice and stable, no need for a hitch stabilizer. I feel a couple times playing with it I will have it all figured out.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #29

Glad all went pretty well. We're your slides all nice and smooth? I sure hope my pdi goes well also. Like others have said I plan on spending hours before I sign on bottom line. Hopefully the level system problems go away. Did u block under the landing gear and the four back jacks
Old 09-12-2015, 08:53 AM   #30

One thing I did forget is when hooking up to the fifth wheel you have to back up straight or your tail gate will hit the front of trailer, this is the first fifth wheel I ever had this problem ( my buddy has a new wildcat fifth wheel and has the same problem), usually at my house I back up at a angle, something I will have to get use to or I am going to order a roller for my curt Q 20 hitch so I wont have this problem when I hook up.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #31

Yes my slides worked fine, I did use blocks under the four stabilizer jacks, I never use anything bigger than a inch and a half on my front jacks, years ago my buddy had his front jacks on six inch blocks and when he went to connect the hitch did not lock and the trailer fell off the front blocks coming down and smashing his truck box.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #32

gowesley- You do need to extend the front jacks far enough to let them "do their thing" also I have found by putting a piece of 2x10 under the middle and rear jacks I don't get the "out of stroke" fault anymore. It must lessen the travel just enough to keep it from "faulting". Our unit was one of the first 2016's built and we don't have a separate switch for the front cap lights. Our dealer says it's a "line change by Jayco" and won't install a switch unless I pay for it. I will do it myself as the lights are too bright and are annoying. I hope you got the tire upgrade as the Rainiers are junk! Overall we love our unit and I'm sure you will too!
Old 09-12-2015, 09:10 AM   #33

yes I paid the extra and got the goodyear g series
Old 09-12-2015, 09:16 AM   #34

Fingerlakes, I basically have the same set up as you, I have a 2016 Pinnicle 36FBts and a 2012 ford sb cc 6.7 diesel (white). I am from ne wisconsin.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:24 AM   #35

Gowesley
You have a shirt bed like me . I see you said about adding a slider is your hitch fixed mounted in a SB? If I miss read and you have a slider how far can u turn with it full forward in tow position and how did it handle with SRW SB
Old 09-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #36

gowesley, We got 14.5 mpg pulling the Pinnacle to South Dakota and back earlier this summer. Can't beat that! We are from central New York state- in the Finger Lakes.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #37

Finger lakes
I will be pulling from Fl to Keene NY. Pulled 30ft tt last two years but this will be my first fifth wheel. I have learned a lot just from all the forum posts
Rock
Old 09-12-2015, 09:35 AM   #38

Keene is nice- in the Adirondacks- I haven't been there in a few years. You will definitely notice a difference pulling a 5er. They pull a lot nicer than a tt.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #39

Rock, yes I have a short box single rear wheel f 350, it handles and pulls the 5th wheel no problem, and yes right now I have a fixed hitch, turning when your hooked up is no problem at all, what you have to watch is to be straight when you hook up and your tailgate is down, there is not much clearance, I used to be able to walk between my tailgate and trailer when it was down, now I have about 6 inches
Old 09-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #40

Gowesley
Thanks for the info. From all I have heard is that you must have a slider hitch for tight turns or for 90 degree. Is it because the front cap design on the Pinnacle that allows your turns with fixed hitch