Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #401

in reference to the Coleman Mach 8 A/C , this morning I turned on the main A/C ON MY Pinnacle and about an hour later heard a strange noise coming from the A/C unit. I went on the roof and the fan wasn't running. I looked thru the grille on top and noticed that 2 of the 3 fan blades were broken off.

I removed the top cover and discovered the fan motor had broken loose from the floor of the A/C unit and broken the blades and put a gash in the coil. Now comes the dealer nightmare to get it fixed. it is under warranty and the fan issue is a known problem.
Curt Q20 Hitch. Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Air bags. Airlift Wireless One compressor.
cgbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbrooks View Post
in reference to the Coleman Mach 8 A/C , this morning I turned on the main A/C ON MY Pinnacle and about an hour later heard a strange noise coming from the A/C unit. I went on the roof and the fan wasn't running. I looked thru the grille on top and noticed that 2 of the 3 fan blades were broken off.

I removed the top cover and discovered the fan motor had broken loose from the floor of the A/C unit and broken the blades and put a gash in the coil. Now comes the dealer nightmare to get it fixed. it is under warranty and the fan issue is a known problem.
Thanks for the update!
I'm checking mine in the morning!!
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:36 AM   #403
Lost in the Woods

Our pinnacle is a nightmare 2015 used it last winter in az. They picked it up cannot contact service never calls back pages of items wrong and I didn't pick , 2 year warranty will be up before we use it My garage
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #404

Anyone have tire rub? My left rear tire has made contact with the lower inside lip of my slide and the metal covering is slightly worn. Before I left on my two month adventure I completely sealed all the seams under the slide and in the wheel wells to keep out water. On my 3k trip second fuel stop noticed a piece of silicone hanging down between the tires and found the rub mark. One of the bridges on I-95 in Ga has a really bad dip that gets your attention. I am sure this is where it happened but my feeling are that it should not have. Bringing it to camping world to address another long laundry list of warranty issues including this. They did a nice job on my cap painting from when my dealer hit it and said they do Jayco warranty work even though that dealer does not carry Jayco. My new fold out couch zipper broke open the first time we opened the couch for company and made a mess with all the fuzzy material sticking to the velcro. So far I have had no problems with the Jayco build, it is the other stuff. Awning, fan, transfer switch, gas side of water heater, generator codes, brakes, etc. I placed jacks under my kitchen slide when I was up at my camp and so far the outriggers have not bent. I have the ones that have the bend for more strength but AZ has the same and his folded and jammed the slide. I will see if Jayco will let them install the thicker ones since I know they will fail. We really love this floor plan and two months seemed just like a few days with all the room. Just wish the 2016 models had the bigger frame and 500 to one schwintec assemblies. And for info I dry camp so I do not have the heavy residential refer.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #405

Rock- Just got back from a short trip and have not noticed any "rub" yet. Every time I go over one of those wonderful "bridge dips" I cringe just thinking about what is happening back there in the camper. It seems nobody can make bridge approaches level with the road surface! I will keep track of ours and let you know if it occurs (I hope not!)
Old 08-13-2016, 12:39 PM   #406

Fingerlakes
Tell me about those roads. I now make it a habit to check my ceiling fan. Just about all the time the chain is wrapped around a blade from bouncing.
Rock
Old 08-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Fingerlakes
Tell me about those roads. I now make it a habit to check my ceiling fan. Just about all the time the chain is wrapped around a blade from bouncing.
Rock
Ditto,every time.
Curt Q20 Hitch. Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Air bags. Airlift Wireless One compressor.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbrooks View Post

Just got unit back, so far so good, Camping World replaced the fan,motor and mounting kit and straightened the bent fins on the coil. All under warranty, only took 9 days. I ordered the "D" revision fan blade for the front A/C, am replacing it today.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:20 PM   #409

Cgbrooks
I pushed my warranty work back two weeks. They r busy and the service advisor who handled my cap damage repaint was great. She is off these two weeks and I am scheduled with her so she can go over everything with me. No plans using Rv for months so no biggie. I will ensure they check my fans to ensure they are the new ones. Thanks for the reminder
Rock
Old 08-13-2016, 04:50 PM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Fingerlakes
Rock
Same here, trying to find a solution to this. Might remove the chain.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:19 PM   #411

I removed the chain after the first tangle
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #412

Ok. So now I will ask about the kitchen faucet. Does it turn on down like mine so u have to tape it closed when trailering. That is on my repair list. How about the gas part of the water heater. My screen is black and I have giving up trying to adjust the air slide. Blue one day than yellow and noisy the next. I have dry camped for two months and black all over the Rv side. My RV build is just fine, the other stuff are the problems. Just like my big cruiser boat I traded in. The boat was fine all the other stuff were problems. Think about it every RV uses two to three different suppliers for everything else.
Rock
Old 08-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #413

My faucet has come on before, but not every time.
Just in case, I always leave a sink cover off and make sure the water pump is off.
Sometimes I don't shut off the water pump because I want the ice to be fresh when I get to the destination.

Never had a water heater problem on any rig I've owned. I never knew there was an air adjustment.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:15 PM   #414

The air adjustment is a sliding piece on the flame tube. You adjust to get a blue flame. I can do that than it changes to yellow and smokey. I want thru five propane refills from three different stores so I know it is not bad propane. My fridge worked great on propane and was pleased in its performance. Anyone here with the generator have a transfer switch that starts buzzing the contacts and drops power? Shut off restart the Onan and all good. Did this at least every four days ( ran total 110 hrs over 50 days). Just for battery charge and river water pump.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #415

Is anybody having problems with the front bath toilet having like positive pressure, when you flush it it wants to bubble out. its very annoying and you get sewer smell, I have flushed the tank with fresh water and cleaned it very well, but it was the same this weekend after very little use. If you have had this problem what is the cure.
gowesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #416

Mine will do that when 3/4 full. After draining all is fine. It is almost like it cannot vent
Rock
Old 08-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowesley View Post
Is anybody having problems with the front bath toilet having like positive pressure, when you flush it it wants to bubble out. its very annoying and you get sewer smell, I have flushed the tank with fresh water and cleaned it very well, but it was the same this weekend after very little use. If you have had this problem what is the cure.
I have never had the same problem. But I agree with Rock, sounds like a possible venting problem.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #418

Our ceiling fan chain had a "connector" in it so I took it apart there which made it short enough to not wrap around the blades. For the faucet, try an elastic hair tie around the handle/spout riser and that should take care of the problem.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:02 AM   #419

Fingerlakes
I want Jayco to fix the faucet problem. Pretty sure the 2017 ones turn off in the down position. That is a design fault.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:39 AM   #420

I just want my slide to work . having to get under the sink to press controller button so you can re sinc the motors every other time is getting real old . I to use a hair band and remove a sink cover , after having water all over the place on the trip home from he dealer.
kfpd404 is offline   Reply With Quote