Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2016, 12:48 PM   #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowesley View Post
Is anybody having problems with the front bath toilet having like positive pressure, when you flush it it wants to bubble out. its very annoying and you get sewer smell, I have flushed the tank with fresh water and cleaned it very well, but it was the same this weekend after very little use. If you have had this problem what is the cure.

We had this problem too. Had a mobile RV Flush service come out and he said that the positive pressure is the start of a larger clog. He ended up doing a back flush through both tanks. He recommended that we always are generous w the water in the bowl and after flushing, fill the bowl part way w more water and flush a second time. He also said that when storing the trailer, to put about 5-8 gallons of water in the black tanks as dry is not good. We also switched over to TechRx product instead of the blue stuff. Since we followed his instructions, we have had not problems w pressure, clogs and no odor. The upstairs bathroom is more susceptible to problems because of the direction the pipes go from there. I really am not a techie, but this guy's advice has worked for us.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #422

Beth
We start out with 1/3 tank of water with water softener. When mine hits full u can still add another 5 Gl of water. It is amazing after running the flush for ten minutes than filling tank to the top and dumping again what still comes out. I read where the water softener helps keep stuff from sticking. After my 3k trip on roads from hell I cannot see how anything could still be stuck.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #423

Another topic for this thread...
We have had a lot of electric issues, we think surges that caused multiple problems in the RV. We had a surge protector that did not work. Now we have the better surge protector that turns off power to the rig. After 3 invertor and 3 convertor replacements, a fire, and other issues, to make a long story short, everything seems to be working now except for when we disconnect from shore power, the household refrigerator compressor takes about 1-2 hours for it to turn on. Then it seems to be OK. Is this delay normal? We are trying to find out from Samsung, but haven't gotten answers yet. The LED lights in refer continue to work despite no cooling, so we know the invertor is working. Just no AMPs indicating on the invertor panel.
What are your experiences w this? We are wondering if there was a surge in the refer and that something (maybe thermostat) is not working properly when on battery power.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:57 PM   #424

Beth
Cannot answer about your refer since I have the propane. But my house refer will turn on after u unplug within a few min of getting power. I got a progressive protector that does it all from day one. Mine is the portable one so I can use it elsewhere. With all the CB stuff we now have u need one. Something is up if it takes that long to have your refer come on line. Even A/C units have only a five min delay
Old 08-15-2016, 06:00 PM   #425

Beth
Cannot answer about your refer since I have the propane. But my house refer will turn on after u unplug within a few min of getting power. I got a progressive protector that does it all from day one. Mine is the portable one so I can use it elsewhere. With all the CB stuff we now have u need one. Something is up if it takes that long to have your refer come on line. Even A/C units have only a five min delay
Old 08-18-2016, 07:18 PM   #426

I had problems of "pyramiding" not using enough water and having too much solid piling up.I bought the spinning cleaner head ,hook on to a hose and stick down the toilet with the toilet valve stuck in the open position.all our 36 FBTS units have a long 45* piece that doesnt drop straight into the black tank and i think is prone to stop up
Tryintoretire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #427

Well after 9 weeks we finally got our 5th wheel back. The dealer replaced the outrigger braces, replaced the thermostat switch on the electric side of the water heater, replaced bad audio/video cables on DVD player (which was replace when it was in for warranty work before) and fixed the underbelly that was apparently not properly installed at the factory. The dealer also replaced the roof, that they damaged when our 5th wheel was in for the previously mentioned warranty work. Looking forward to having it back and being able to use it.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:08 AM   #428
Site Team

okraman Please keep us up to date on how the work turned out.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:18 AM   #429

norty1, will do. Headed out tomorrow so we can check and verify repairs under camping condition. Other than the time it has taken on the two stays at the dealer, they have been good. However, that being said, we've dealt with 3 service advisors and they apparently have had several techs leave for whatever reason, leaving them short handed.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:12 AM   #430
Lost in the Woods

Trust me your mistake is real don't expect much factory help they never call back try your dealer
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:18 AM   #431
Lost in the Woods

Told me vent cap was not installed properly haven't checked factory has had it months now if your waiting for a call back better have week to spare
Old 08-29-2016, 06:40 AM   #432

Found out why my big awning forward support arm will not fully close sometimes. Jayco installed the the rail to the FW on a slight angle. Look at your awning arms and make sure they fully over lap when closed. Dealer has seen three like this in the last month.
Rock
Old 08-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #433

Interesting- Our forward arm was mounted at an angle also and was straightened by our dealer. Must be Jayco workers couldn't take that extra second to be sure things were square. Kinda goes along with all the other things that weren't done right the first time!!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:25 AM   #434

The dealer thinks the reason it is happening is this. If you look at your small awning and the rear support of the big one you can measure from the seam or edge. The big one front support has no edge so they use a level. That works only if the Rv is perfectly level. Mine looked like it was closed but not tightly. He said the inner arm rubing will wear and fail in the future.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:51 PM   #435

We picked up our 2016 36FBTS in Apr 2016. Been on many trips with it. Had the trailer in twice for warranty work all minor things. We put about 5000 miles on our 5wh so far we very happy with it. But you guys are scaring me with the tire problems. We are planning on heading south for the winter in two locations about 5500 miles. I have read all the threads on tire replacement. I have factory Ranier tires and my rims are rated for 3750 lbs. I check my tires before each trip they look good, put 80 psi in them. Has anyone not replaced their tires. I going to talk to some tire dealers in my area. I will check on the G614 and the Sailun S637. I know its better to be safe then sorry.

canniff7
2016 36FBTS
2016 Chev High County
1 Ton Diesel
canniff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:32 PM   #436
Lost in the Woods

Tires are a issue they even told me supposed to repay me spent 700 they said they will pay 500 first trip new unit figure that, now the rim is only rated for 85 lbs so that does not allow for larger rated tire as larger tire requires more air pressure put Goodyear on even spare it made it back to factory in April factory service manager can't seem to find my phone number to explain anything Iam making my third trip driving the car there,been in my own auto business for40 years never did I do this even to the worst customer now they sold out so I'll probably never get my money or get it done,buy the way any one tow one of these using the Bw non sliding hitch using gems 6-5 bed thanks and I'd buy the tires sorry about that
Old 09-06-2016, 11:35 AM   #437

We had immediate problems w Rainier tires. Huge bubbles. Even on the spare that was never installed. Replaced w the G614 and had no issues. Used the same rims. We had to shave off a bit of the fender for the tire to fit. Peace of mind was worth every penny spent on theses tires.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethcb View Post
We had immediate problems w Rainier tires. Huge bubbles. Even on the spare that was never installed. Replaced w the G614 and had no issues. Used the same rims. We had to shave off a bit of the fender for the tire to fit. Peace of mind was worth every penny spent on theses tires.
When reusing your original wheels did you check the PSI rating? I was told by my Jayco rep the specs say the wheels are rated for 80psi. Aren't the G614 tires rated higher?
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #439

The stock rims are 80 psi the g rated are 110 psi. That said I would put them on 80 psi rims but install solid valve stems and run about 90 psi. Beth u mentioned about shaving ur fenders. I have a slight rub on my slide inside edge on left rear tire. Dealer said might be From tight backing turns but I do not think so. There is not much clearance and I am sure the rub happened on an interstate overpass that had a huge dip. We all know how smooth our roads r.
Rock
Old 09-06-2016, 07:38 PM   #440

Rock- I went went with the 17.5" Sailuns and don't have any clearance problems and still have not seen any rubbing underneath. How did you "weather" the storm? We will be coming down the end of Oct. and staying at Nature Coast Landings for the winter- if it's still there.