Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #81

AZ
While there ask about the carefree awning failures in light rain. Also when they make an install the slides what Tru Square means. My dealer said they have very few slide problems because they use true square. And the 3.0 level system TSB's for fixing the leveler problems. And most of all slide him a hundred and tell them to take good care of my baby. Lol. If I ever get out that way it will be cool to get a FW tour. Enjoy the rest of ur trip and your new addition
Rock

Tks
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:07 AM   #82

Hello Fellow FBTS Enthusiasts!

We are officially PROUD 2016 Jayco 36 FBTS Owners!

We are so fortunate to have chosen Jayco, selecting our dealer (Lucky chance), and finding this very informative forum to help prepare us for our experience so far... We are first time RV owners on our inaugural voyage!

Below is a brief chronicle of our experience so far.. It'll be brief since I want to get back to enjoying our INCREDIBLE FBTS!!!

- Order date: 7/17/2015 - After two weeks of walking thru and researching various RVs.
- Original delivery date: 9/21/2015 - Date provided on P.O.
- Actual Delivery Date: 10/16/2015
- Arrived Middlebury IN, from AZ on 10/15/15 and took a tour of the Jayco factory... Very impressed with the Staff, Workers and informative tour... The Jayco tour and staff really solidified our decision in choosing Jayco and really left us with a family feel!!
- PDI and Acceptance Inspection - Scheduled for 11AM @ "Indiana RV Connection", but we start at 9:50, finishing at 4:45PM.... YES WE were Thorough!!!! thanks to knowledge we gained from this Thread (Thanks again Texas RT!!!)
-- PDI was near flawless with only very minor cosmetic trim repairs fixed on-the-spot
-- Our Dealer had worked hard to install the washer/dryer and additional batteries.
-- The dealer, based on miss-communication, had winterized our FBTS but when realizing we were going straight to a campsite right up the road, took the time to walk thru the process to un-winterize and got is ready for our FIRST CAMP!!! Humbly FANASTIC dealer -- again "Indiana RV Connection"!! Great process because I learned were all those 'hard to find' water shut-off valves are located!

- Finished up unloading uhaul of our essentials and headed to our first campsite arriving at 5:15pm... Ebys Pines!! My wife and I, Newbies remember had everything hooked up, leveled by 6:30pm!! The ground -zero 3.0 worked GREAT on a what I would consider a fairly sloped site - I did have to perform the auto level twice, but it was successful!!

- We are continuing our shake-down trip... This morning we are under a freeze warning and we are Toasty warm using the GAS Furnace... I did order the Heat pump, but need read the manual on that one...

Oh btw ... The fireplace was very romantic and cozy after settling into our theater seats enjoying our christening beverages!

Bottom line, up to this point, we could not be any happier with our selection!!

Now back to enjoying our incredible FBTS by packing out and driving up to WI!!

I wish I could upload a pix, but apparently I'm still a rookie forum member ...
Old 10-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #83

Gregg
That is great all went well for PDI and your first set up. Enjoy the rest of your trip and keep us up to date. Here u almost had freezing temps and we r at Anclote key in our pontoon boat mid 80's. Do me a favor next time u stop and measure how high your hitch plate is from the floor bed I need to set mine up and we both have same unit. How high is the FW above the bed rails to.
Thanks
Rock
Old 10-17-2015, 11:34 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_FBTS View Post
Hello Fellow FBTS Enthusiasts!

We are officially PROUD 2016 Jayco 36 FBTS Owners!

We are so fortunate to have chosen Jayco, selecting our dealer (Lucky chance), and finding this very informative forum to help prepare us for our experience so far... We are first time RV owners on our inaugural voyage!

Below is a brief chronicle of our experience so far.. It'll be brief since I want to get back to enjoying our INCREDIBLE FBTS!!!

- Order date: 7/17/2015 - After two weeks of walking thru and researching various RVs.
- Original delivery date: 9/21/2015 - Date provided on P.O.
- Actual Delivery Date: 10/16/2015
- Arrived Middlebury IN, from AZ on 10/15/15 and took a tour of the Jayco factory... Very impressed with the Staff, Workers and informative tour... The Jayco tour and staff really solidified our decision in choosing Jayco and really left us with a family feel!!
- PDI and Acceptance Inspection - Scheduled for 11AM @ "Indiana RV Connection", but we start at 9:50, finishing at 4:45PM.... YES WE were Thorough!!!! thanks to knowledge we gained from this Thread (Thanks again Texas RT!!!)
-- PDI was near flawless with only very minor cosmetic trim repairs fixed on-the-spot
-- Our Dealer had worked hard to install the washer/dryer and additional batteries.
-- The dealer, based on miss-communication, had winterized our FBTS but when realizing we were going straight to a campsite right up the road, took the time to walk thru the process to un-winterize and got is ready for our FIRST CAMP!!! Humbly FANASTIC dealer -- again "Indiana RV Connection"!! Great process because I learned were all those 'hard to find' water shut-off valves are located!

- Finished up unloading uhaul of our essentials and headed to our first campsite arriving at 5:15pm... Ebys Pines!! My wife and I, Newbies remember had everything hooked up, leveled by 6:30pm!! The ground -zero 3.0 worked GREAT on a what I would consider a fairly sloped site - I did have to perform the auto level twice, but it was successful!!

- We are continuing our shake-down trip... This morning we are under a freeze warning and we are Toasty warm using the GAS Furnace... I did order the Heat pump, but need read the manual on that one...

Oh btw ... The fireplace was very romantic and cozy after settling into our theater seats enjoying our christening beverages!

Bottom line, up to this point, we could not be any happier with our selection!!

Now back to enjoying our incredible FBTS by packing out and driving up to WI!!

I wish I could upload a pix, but apparently I'm still a rookie forum member ...
Great to hear everything is going well and that you are enjoying the new coach, they are awesome. Enjoy and be safe on the road.
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:04 AM   #85

AZ,

Since we live just north of Goshen, your dealer is the same as ours.

We also spent the weekend in our '15 SBTS and, it kept us warm and cozy.

Took delivery of ours on 10/8/15. It was a stock unit at Indiana RV Connection. It did have some small issues but, the service guys have taken good care of all that.

The only thing left is, installing the 3 slide room toppers. They have 'em ordered and hope they get installed over the next couple weeks.

BTW. When you was at RV Connection, did you happen to notice a '15 Montana Mountaineer setting in the used unit row?
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #86

Hello DalenGail,
Yes, we did notice a newer mountaineer but wondered the story behind it :-)
The last several nights up here in WI were chilly ... 27 degrees and we were very very cozy and we have not found any issues other than self inflicted haaa... Last night and this morning winds were 35 to 40 kts and the slide toppers did let us know they were there haaaa but nothing too bad... What was worse was the flapping in the wind waste pipe cover clicking on the pipe once I figured out what it was.!!!!.. Originally thought it was the digital antenna ...
Remember we are newbies but loving every part and minute of our FBTS!!!
Our heat pump does excellent keeping our 5er to the perfect temp, but we do enjoying flipping it to gas to give the floor a cozy warm feel.... Of course the fire place heat and ambience only add to our enjoyment !!!!
We were also amazed on our inaugural drive from IN to WI , we had no does open or anything dislodged ...
Only minor issue is the door and keyless entry process... Bottom line , if you don't press in on the door when you hit the enter/ key button, the magnetic deadbolt gets hung up and doesn't unlock... I opted to just press in on the door rather than adjust strike plate figuring a tighter door is better than being loose etc

We head west bound tomorrow am and I will get Rock's measurements once I hookup to the fifth wheel.... We will continue to make updates ..
Old 10-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #87

Quote:
Hello DalenGail,
The last several nights up here in WI were chilly ... 27 degrees and we were very very cozy and we have not found any issues other than self inflicted haaa... Last night and this morning winds were 35 to 40 kts and the slide toppers did let us know they were there haaaa but nothing too bad... What was worse was the flapping in the wind waste pipe cover clicking on the pipe once I figured out what it was.!!!!.. Originally thought it was the digital antenna ...
Our heat pump does excellent keeping our 5er to the perfect temp, but we do enjoying flipping it to gas to give the floor a cozy warm feel.... Of course the fire place heat and ambience only add to our enjoyment !!!!
We were also amazed on our inaugural drive from IN to WI , we had no does open or anything dislodged ...
Only minor issue is the door and keyless entry process... Bottom line , if you don't press in on the door when you hit the enter/ key button, the magnetic deadbolt gets hung up and doesn't unlock... I opted to just press in on the door rather than adjust strike plate figuring a tighter door is better than being loose etc

We head west bound tomorrow am and I will get Rock's measurements once I hookup to the fifth wheel.... We will continue to make updates ..
AZ
Sounds like you're having a great experience with the new coach.
I noticed the same issue with our keyless entry, I adjusted the strike plate and was able to maintain a good seal on the door and have the lock work correct also. I remember someone else doing the same. It sounds like they set the strike plates as tight as humanly possible in the factory. Just a thought for you.

Have you had the gas furnace kick on yet while in heat pump mode?

Continue the fun and check in occasionally.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
Old 10-19-2015, 06:55 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalengail View Post
AZ,

Since we live just north of Goshen, your dealer is the same as ours.

We also spent the weekend in our '15 SBTS and, it kept us warm and cozy.

Took delivery of ours on 10/8/15. It was a stock unit at Indiana RV Connection. It did have some small issues but, the service guys have taken good care of all that.

The only thing left is, installing the 3 slide room toppers. They have 'em ordered and hope they get installed over the next couple weeks.

BTW. When you was at RV Connection, did you happen to notice a '15 Montana Mountaineer setting in the used unit row?
dalengail, Congrats on your new coach, don't hesitate to ask questions if need be. There's lots of help here.

Enjoy
Old 10-20-2015, 04:10 AM   #89

Quote:
Hello DalenGail,

AZ,

Unfortunately, there is a story about the mountaineer. An unpleasant story that I'll not go into here.

This FBTS floor plan was something we looked at a year ago when we were in the market to buy. However, at the time, the price was more than what we thought we should pay and instead, bought the Mountaineer. Due to some unfortunate issues and quality concerns that popped up as time went by, we decided a move had to happen.

We found this FBTS and the guys at Indiana RV Connection came thru for us and we bit. We are very glad we did!

Our first shake down trip won't happen until mid April of '16 but, don't anticipate any issues. That trip will be to Topsail Hill just east of Destin, FL.

We can't wait!!
Old 10-20-2015, 04:19 AM   #90

TexasRT,

Thank you, very much! We think we will really enjoy this unit. Every time we walk into it, we find something new that confirms we made the right move switching from the SOB.

Heck, just yesterday I figured out how to use the remote for the slide rooms and such. Had been thinking that I would never use it and that it would stay in it's holder next to the entry door. Right now, it is laying in the console of the truck.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:38 AM   #91

AZ and dalengail,

Congrats to both of you. We are into our 7th night of our 36FBTS. Headed home tomorrow. Like AZ said, several things operator error type things. Looking forward to our next outing. Hopefully, all of us will continue on this thread so we can learn and share info specific to the FBTS.
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #92

I agree!! In fact, we should plan a mini rally.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #93

Also, sounds like congrats are in order for all you folks, too! We must have all gotten our FBTS'S within the last month. What....4 or, 5 of us? That's why I suggested a mini rally. Could even invite other FBTS owners or, even all Pinnacles for that matter.

Just a thought.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #94

dalengail,

Good idea. Sounds like we might be spread out geographicaly. We are in Arkansas. But, we are both retired and flexible. We bought ours with travel in mind.
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:46 PM   #95

okraman,

Gail and I are in the same boat. Retired with travel in mind. Now, with a couple of others from the far southwest, I think, a central location could come into play here. Such as.....the Rockies in southern Colorado?
Old 10-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #96

All
Still waiting on mine. Dealer has only received a partial VIN and I assume unit is still in shortage. That's ok first trip besides driveway shake down will not be till turkey week. It is just tough reading your posts on how u guys are enjoying ur new units.
Rock
Old 10-20-2015, 01:42 PM   #97

Rock,

Gail and I can only imagine how you feel!! It won't be long until it arrives at your dealer. My guess is if dealer has a partial VIN, it is getting ready to go down the production line. Another couple weeks and, it will most likely be on the road headed your way.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #98

It is out of production since last week just eating on something I think double Payne Windows
Rock
Old 10-21-2015, 05:04 AM   #99

dalengail,
AZ picked his up last week and went on a FW tour Thursday. All the Pinnacles were done but several were in shortage waiting on windows and that is where mine is. Still waiting on dealer for a complete vin and update on delivery. A big thanks to all of the posts made here. I have reread them several times and added a bunch to look at during my PDI. Already sent the PDI list posted on the forum to the dealer so he knows what to expect when I show up for it.
Rock
Old 10-21-2015, 05:08 AM   #100

We have had ours since April, and it has been setup in our regular RV park on Lake Conroe since. It gets used as our weekend get-a-way every week. This has worked out well for us because we have been able to put everything thru the paces without being on the road. Like most of you, we have had a couple of minor issues along the way but nothing that couldn't be adjusted or fixed by yours truly. We do plan to start taking it on some road trips in the near future so we may be up for meeting somewhere one day. We are outside of Houston by the way.