Hello Fellow FBTS Enthusiasts!
We are officially PROUD 2016 Jayco 36 FBTS Owners!
We are so fortunate to have chosen Jayco, selecting our dealer (Lucky chance), and finding this very informative forum to help prepare us for our experience so far... We are first time RV owners on our inaugural voyage!
Below is a brief chronicle of our experience so far.. It'll be brief since I want to get back to enjoying our INCREDIBLE FBTS!!!
- Order date: 7/17/2015 - After two weeks of walking thru and researching various RVs.
- Original delivery date: 9/21/2015 - Date provided on P.O.
- Actual Delivery Date: 10/16/2015
- Arrived Middlebury IN, from AZ on 10/15/15 and took a tour of the Jayco factory... Very impressed with the Staff, Workers and informative tour... The Jayco tour and staff really solidified our decision in choosing Jayco and really left us with a family feel!!
- PDI and Acceptance Inspection - Scheduled for 11AM @ "Indiana RV Connection
", but we start at 9:50, finishing at 4:45PM.... YES WE were Thorough!!!! thanks to knowledge we gained from this Thread (Thanks again Texas RT!!!)
-- PDI was near flawless with only very minor cosmetic trim repairs fixed on-the-spot
-- Our Dealer had worked hard to install the washer/dryer and additional batteries.
-- The dealer, based on miss-communication, had winterized our FBTS but when realizing we were going straight to a campsite right up the road, took the time to walk thru the process to un-winterize and got is ready for our FIRST CAMP!!! Humbly FANASTIC dealer -- again "Indiana RV Connection
"!! Great process because I learned were all those 'hard to find' water shut-off valves are located!
- Finished up unloading uhaul of our essentials and headed to our first campsite arriving at 5:15pm... Ebys Pines!! My wife and I, Newbies remember had everything hooked up, leveled by 6:30pm!! The ground -zero 3.0 worked GREAT on a what I would consider a fairly sloped site - I did have to perform the auto level twice, but it was successful!!
- We are continuing our shake-down trip... This morning we are under a freeze warning and we are Toasty warm using the GAS Furnace... I did order the Heat pump, but need read the manual on that one...
Oh btw ... The fireplace was very romantic and cozy after settling into our theater seats enjoying our christening beverages!
Bottom line, up to this point, we could not be any happier with our selection!!
Now back to enjoying our incredible FBTS by packing out and driving up to WI!!
I wish I could upload a pix, but apparently I'm still a rookie forum member ...