Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #1

Question Reese 16K slider

We have a new 29.5 RKS coming in around July 5th. The dealer wants to intall a Reese 16K slider in our short box F250 crew cab. My question is will this be a good set up as long as I remember to activate it at the proper time?

Thanks in Advance,

"Uncle Joe"
Joe Garland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #2

Thumbs up Get a Auto Slider

I have a Reese 15K Slider and have never used the slider part of it, although I wish I had of a couple of times. It is to easy to forget until to late. My Tow Vehicle has a 6 1/2 foot bed but even so and with rounded corners on the front of a RV it will still hit the cab and do damage when in a tight spot if you forget to use the slider. If I had it to do over again I would get one of the automatic sliders like a Side Winder or else a Long bed truck. Another thing that people don't think about is tailgate clearance when using a Slider. On the real short short bed trucks you have to put the tailgate down before using some sliders as the Pin Box will hit the tailgate when the slider is in the extended or slide position. Do yourself a favor and Pay the Extra Money and get a auto slider. Just my 02 cents worth.
Mel
https://www.rvbloggersonline.blogspot.com
MHbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #3

I have the Pull-rite super slide. It automatically moves the pin box to the rear up to 18" when I am pulling forward OR backing in. I never have to remeber to "pull a lever". Great peace of mind with this set-up. Your truck does need to be lined up with the 5th wheel within 10 degrees right or left of centerline to hitch or un-hitch. But I quickly got used to this. Now its no worries on a u-turn or tight turns getting into a nice spot. Ask your dealer about one...I love mine.
2012 Eagle 321 RLTS with MOR/ryde pin box
Down the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #4

Smile

This Pullrite was the hitch I decided on! Thanks so much to all of you the good advice,

Uncle Joe
Joe Garland is offline   Reply With Quote