Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #1

Reese Revolution Pin Box

Kitty and I are still in the process of looking and ****ering price on a 31.5 FBHS. The salesperson told me the Reese Revolution Pin Box has to be put on a Jayco at the factory. You can not install it on one that has the standard pin.

Is this correct?
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #2

Sorry Guys, I should have read the thread "Sidewinder vs Warranty" my question was answered there.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
Kitty and I are still in the process of looking and ****ering price on a 31.5 FBHS. The salesperson told me the Reese Revolution Pin Box has to be put on a Jayco at the factory. You can not install it on one that has the standard pin.

Is this correct?
I don't believe everything that a salesman tells me. Check with Reese and see what they say. Then call Jayco support and see what they say.
Mel
https://www.rvbloggersonline.blogspot.com
MHbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #4

As I said earlier, Kitty and I have been searching RV web sites for a 31.5 FBHS with the Reese Revolution Pin Box. Several RV dealers have told me, "I can add the pin box for you". To which I would ask, "does it void the warranty?" Then no response. Here is the answer I got from a dealer in CO.
"I just got done talking with 4 people from Jayco. Here is there explanation. Jayco DOES add extra support when someone orders one of the Reese Revolutions. They say it WILL void the warranty on the frame if installed aftermarket on a trailer that was not built with the extra metal supports around the frame. Jayco also called Reese about this today. Reese still claims that they will work on any trailer. But Jayco (OR MOST FACTORY'S) will not honor what Reese says. Reese said that they will look into putting a disclaimer in the future about checking with the factory 1st to see if it will void any factory warranty. But, what you heard about the voiding of the warranty.......is correct."

This may be something all of you know except me, but thought I would share.

Shorty
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #5

Please enlighten this short time 5th wheel owner(321RLTS).What is so great about this pin box over what Jayco normally uses?
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #6

Take a look at using a MorRyde Pin box with a Superglide automatic slider hitch. We ordered our Jayco from the factory with the MorRyde and the combination worked great in a variety of conditions on an extended trip to the Yukon and AK.
geo/kim Edgerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #7

Poohbear, The way I understand it is: The Reese Revolution Pin Box actually moves the pivot point and Camper back from the pickup cab 22" while leaving the weight in front of the rear axle. Instead of the pivot point being at the 5th wheel hitch, it is 22" to the rear. The driver does not have to get out of the vehicle to do anything to the hitch to get it to slide.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
Poohbear, The way I understand it is: The Reese Revolution Pin Box actually moves the pivot point and Camper back from the pickup cab 22" while leaving the weight in front of the rear axle. Instead of the pivot point being at the 5th wheel hitch, it is 22" to the rear. The driver does not have to get out of the vehicle to do anything to the hitch to get it to slide.
Thanks for the info.I will only have a long bed truck(been there/done that shortbed once & never again,just not right for me) so for now the offset not needed as my 321rlts misses the cab.Might need if I ever go to a bigger RV or actually use a 5thwheel hitch,gooseneck conversion now.
a wealth of knowledge here .Thanks to all who share so us that dont know maybe wont make some costly error.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #9

Many dealers are now ordering units with the Reese setup. Shop around & you will find the unit you want. I have one with a 6.5' bed on my Chevy & love it. Only had to use a standard hitch (which was cheaper), and have no worries about gronking the roof of the truck.

One difference though which takes a little getting used to - by moving the camper pivot point back 22" it changes the way that the camper backs up.

When backing I find that it turns a little "slow", which is great for me as I tend to turn TOO much. I got used to it pretty quick.
SouthRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #10

I have a reese revolution on my new 265RKS. I tow with a shortbox f250 4 door 4x4. It works great. No worries at all when doing tight turns, or backing in. I would recommend it.
2003 F250 Super Crew Power Stroke 4x4
2014 Lund 1800 Tyee 175 Merc Verado 9.9 Pro Kicker
Dukedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:40 AM   #11

Southrider & Dukedog, thanks for you input. I have searched dealer inventories on line looking for a dealer with on in stock. No luck. I even talked to a dealer who contacted his Jayco sale rep looking for a dealer that had ordered on with the Reese Revolution. That sales rep had no dealers in her area that had ordered one. If any of you guys live near a Jayco dealer adn don't mind, check to see if they have one. I would appreciate it. However, it is so late in the camping season, I suspect, I'm going to have to just order one.

Thanks to all for you input.

Shorty & Kitty
Old 08-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #12

Shorty,

I don't have any idea where you are located.

Steves RV in Lacombe La (40 miles north of New Orleans) routinely orders them, and usually has campers with them in stock.

He also has very good prices (close to the internet wholesalers, but not quite as he also offers service). I've bought 2 campers there and have been very impressed with the quality of their dealership as well as the price/service balance.

You can check his inventory here: http://www.stevesrv.com/inventory.ph...&submit=Search

He is showing the camper you are looking for in the Super Lite with a Cequent Pin box, and it is listed as "short bed truck". Not familiar with Cequent but it may work like the Reese.

One other thing to consider - I have only noticed this setup on the "Super Lite" models, and the Mor Ryde on the non "Lite" models. Don't know if it's only available this way, or just a coincidence.

Find a dealer that has a good reputation who is close enough to use regularly & talk to them about it. They will know.
SouthRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #13

When I ordered my unit it could be ordered with either hitch as an option. Went with the Reese and it works great.