Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #1

Refrigerator Water Dispenser

Brand new North Point 387RDFS. Frigidaire Gallery residential fridge.

I can't get any water to the in door water dispenser or the ice maker. I have followed the instruction manual for purging and I can hear the solenoid valve. I have searched everywhere I know to look for a manual block valve somewhere. I removed the panel in the basement that allows access to the plumbing and water pump but I don't see anything obvious. I have not pulled the fridge from the wall but the manual doesn't clearly indicate a block valve on the back of the fridge. I can see a flexible water hose under the slide from the coach to the back of the outer slide wall which extends with the electrical as the slide deploys.
As a side note; there is a low point drain near the location of the fridge, I don't get any water out of it even with the water supply pressured up.

Am I missing something? Any ideas? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance for advice.
Pirogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:35 PM   #2

Look under the sink for another valve. If you have a trash can in the island look under there. Also behind the drawer under the stove.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:08 PM   #3

Wow! I knew all it would take was a quick question to the experts. You da man Grumpy. Exactly where you said it would be. Got water now and ice is in progress.
Thanks friend.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
Wow! I knew all it would take was a quick question to the experts. You da man Grumpy. Exactly where you said it would be. Got water now and ice is in progress.
Thanks friend.
Glad to help.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:12 PM   #5

If you turn water off and move coach, you need to prime the fridge again to get ice working again. Takes me 2- 32 ounce cups though the water dispenser. I have been playing with this for 4 months.
Redbird7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird7 View Post
If you turn water off and move coach, you need to prime the fridge again to get ice working again. Takes me 2- 32 ounce cups though the water dispenser. I have been playing with this for 4 months.
Yes, I have observed it takes a lot of water to get all the air out. I get water coming out pretty quickly it just has a lot of spitting and sputtering. I have also noticed that even after a good purge the water pressure diminishes as I am filling a glass. I didn't really expect much better since this is not a top of the line fridge. It's handy for a quick shot of water though.
It's not really an issue as my preferred beverage is usually in a brown bottle in the ice chest.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:12 PM   #7

My 387 has two valves: one behind the drawer under the stove and one behind the bottom drawer in the island.
dives2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #8
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
I have also noticed that even after a good purge the water pressure diminishes as I am filling a glass.
Check the water line under the slide. Mine is bent alimost 90^ with slide open. My water regulator at the water faucet made it slow as you fill a glass. For now I do not use the regulator and it does very well.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Look under the sink for another valve. If you have a trash can in the island look under there. Also behind the drawer under the stove.
Wow, here it is 4 years later and your post is still helping people out.

I called all the support lines for my new North Point on how to get the blimy water out of the fridge. It has been nigh two weeks of pressing those support lines and here you solved it right here.

Thanks, Grumpy
evanc.sg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird7 View Post
For some reason I never have that problem. When I hook back up to water the supply is still there without needing to prime. Of course we are not hooked up to water for more than 5 hours or less.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote