Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Originally Posted by JimRinOC View Post
Hey Panhead, what are the changes in construction from 2012 to 2013 that you mentioned earlier? You said some you liked and many you did not like. Can you provide more details? Many thanks.
Most of these are not of concern structurally but rather a matter of personal taste. Over all I'm glad we have the pre-change 2012 model. We ended up having to look for a dealer who still had one and were lucky to find one in AZ, only had to drive 750 miles to get it. Our local dealer could not get us what we wanted.

On the plus side,
1. the flooring is no longer a sandwich of 3/8" plywood Styrofoam and luan, it is now the same 5/8" tongue and groove as the Premier and the Pinnacle
2. New Shape front cap
3. TV antenna and 12 volt socket in the living room tv cabinet where it belongs.
4. Moved the battery storage compartment from the side to the front compartment under the overhang. This is both good and bad to me.
There are others on the plus side but my memory is failing me now.

On the Minus side.
Changed the bedroom cabinets next to the front closet to eliminate the TV cabinet and make it a regular cabinet (matter of preference here and we like the old way better)
Eliminated the ability to lower the front basement wall to make one large storage area.
Front cap paint, I don't like this one because they seem to fade and show sun damage very early on in the trailers life if exposed to the sun a lot.
Not a big fan of the dark colored compartment door jams and dark edge moldings on the exterior of the trailer.

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
Originally Posted by LDMoore06 View Post
Just started looking for 5th wheel. Don't know anything about Jayco. Sorry but I thought they were a low end company. I think I'm very wrong. Checked out a 31.5 RLTS at a show and love the floor plan. Towing a TT now with a 2011 Chev Duramax cc short bed. Haven't picked my 5th wheel hitch yet. I measured a 31.5 at the show and it was 59" from ground to bottom of front where bed side rail are. My truck is the same height. So here's some of my questions and sorry to be so long.
1. How is the quality of the Eagle 31.5 5th wheels?
2. Any issues with the hitch pin weights?
3. Any suggestion on hitch?
4. Is it going to be a issue that my stock truck height and the front clearence the the same?
This will be our first 5th wheel and as you can tell are very new to this. Again thanks.
I have a 2009 GMC 2500 gasser pulling a 2010 31.5RLDS, towed it to california and back last May. No issues at all. Love the truck and the 5ver.

2010 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.6L Duramax
2010 Pit Bull Terrier (Jake)
2010 Camping Nights 45
2011 Camping Nights 70
2012 Camping Nights 144
2013 Camping Nights 49
allen8106 is offline   Reply With Quote