Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
I don't really recommend roof coatings at all, I would be afraid they would just hide a problem and make it harder to find.

You can buy a liquid EPDM rubber however. It is a 2 part liquid that you mix together and let it sit for a couple minutes, then can brush or roll one. It is the exact same chemical compound as your sheet EPDM. It adheres to your old EPDM and creates a new section of roof, not a "patch".

My old trailer had a tear in the rubber and soft wood. I cut out the rubber over the bad area and put new decking down over the roof. I then "painted" the liquid EPDM over the new decking and overlapped the existing rubber roof. When it cured, it was a one piece roof again with no new edges.
Howdy. I've got the same problem and the same solution. But I would not use the mentioned materials, coz their names are mud. They are really not my cup of tea, Anyway, try this for waterproofing http://liquidrubber.ca/
AlexLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:34 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLarson View Post
Howdy. I've got the same problem and the same solution. But I would not use the mentioned materials, coz their names are mud. They are really not my cup of tea, Anyway, try this for waterproofing http://liquidrubber.ca/
Welcome to JOF. What is your expertise in this area? Not your cup of tea indicates that you have some experience in repairs of rubber roofs.

Just wondering where your are coming from on the materials mentioned.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote