Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #1

sanitzing

We received our 321 Jayco Eagle Premier last July. Last fall we winterized it in a manor similar to our previous brands. Now we are trying to do our spring sanitize/dewinterize and the owners manual is as clear as mud. We have opened the 3 low point drains and the fresh water tank drain and opened all of the faucets. In the manual it says pour the chlorine solution in at the gravity fill connection. We don't have an open fill hole as on previous units. The water connection has a screen in it and is a threaded connection. How do you get the bleach solution into the fresh water tank? If that can be achieved I assume we use the pump to get the solution through the lines OR do we use the same method of distributing the bleach solution as we did the antifreeze by using the pump to suck the solution out of a jug or pail which leaves the fresh water tank untreated? Thanks for your input. My wife will really appreciate your help because I am getting a little cranky.

Lynn
Lynn Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #2

Welcome. Do you have the water control station with various knobs and settings for the pump vs city water connections? There should be a sequence sticker at the station and one of them is sanitize. Under the bed is where they store the short 2ft hose from the factory to stick in the bucket of solution of bleach and water. This is connected to the threaded fitting for city connections. I am assuming that you do not have any gravity fill at all.

It will use your on board pump to draw the solution into the unit. You should keep the water heater on bypass when doing this. To do the holding tank you select country fill.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #3

X2 What 3'senough said. I did my 321RLTS today. The setting for sanitizing was 1&4 on the panel. I have 5 low point drain valves accessible in the right front of the basement. 2 are on the right inside the compartment and the other 3 are on the left to the left of the wiring panel. The tank drain is left rear behind the rear wheel. If you have trouble getting suction, reverse the screen so that the screen is inward holding the little valve in the inlet open.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:29 AM   #4

The instructions for the Utility Center can be had @ Jayco.com > Owner Support > Owner's Manuals > 2012 Pinnacle pdf, Section 7 - Plumbing Systems

'13 Jayco Premier 351RLTS

'17 F350 King Ranch Ultimate FX4 6.7L TD SRW LB BackFlip F1
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote