Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2016, 07:23 PM   #1

Satelitte TV

Satellite tv -I have a 2016 36kpts using Directv. I have a signal for the outside and living room tv. no signal for the bedroom with a separate box for each tv. The bedroom tv indicates lost signal. I know the box works because I switched them around to other tv's. Anyone have any ideas to fix?
taurus88two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus88two View Post
Satellite tv -I have a 2016 36kpts using Directv. I have a signal for the outside and living room tv. no signal for the bedroom with a separate box for each tv. The bedroom tv indicates lost signal. I know the box works because I switched them around to other tv's. Anyone have any ideas to fix?
I'm in the same boat with my 325BHQS. I posted as well with no help. Hope you have better luck than me. I'm going to pull the wall plates this weekend and see what I can find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #3

Do you have the jumper coax that converts the system from cable to sat tv.
My 36 FBTS has one in a cabinet next to the tv. If you have it, it needs to be remove for sat tv
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:02 AM   #4

Not sure I follow what you mean by jumper?

'13 Suntracker PB 22
Old 08-05-2016, 05:06 AM   #5

The cleanest way to do this is to have a dish with a SWM LNB. Then your coax run would look like this:

Dish to sat input on the side of your trailer (do not use the cable input. If cable input is all you have you will need to rewire around the signal booster inside your rig).

Once inside the rig straight to the Power Inserter, then out to a SWM splitter.

The two coax outputs from the SWM splitter then can be run to each of the two receivers/dvr's etc. and then to each TV.

If all of your coax runs to one location you just have to figure out which coax runs to each TV. For your front TV you will locate the receiver somewhere in that area so your remote will work from there.

If your primary receiver is a Genie you can use a Genie Mini for the front TV.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
The cleanest way to do this is to have a dish with a SWM LNB. Then your coax run would look like this:

Dish to sat input on the side of your trailer (do not use the cable input. If cable input is all you have you will need to rewire around the signal booster inside your rig).

Once inside the rig straight to the Power Inserter, then out to a SWM splitter.

The two coax outputs from the SWM splitter then can be run to each of the two receivers/dvr's etc. and then to each TV.

If all of your coax runs to one location you just have to figure out which coax runs to each TV. For your front TV you will locate the receiver somewhere in that area so your remote will work from there.

If your primary receiver is a Genie you can use a Genie Mini for the front TV.
Does this work if you have separate sat connections outside for the living room and bedroom. my receivers are not the wireless genies, just the mini stand a lone
Old 08-05-2016, 05:15 AM   #7

Rig is a 2016 325BHQS. I have 3 hook up options in my command center box on side of trailer. Cable, sat, and Aux. Hooking to Aux allows me to get signal through to main tv, but nothing more. Hooking to sat allows me nothing on any tv so far. I'm going to pull all panels this weekend as I think something is not hooked up right. I'm running off of a slimline dish with 3 lnbs, and 2 coax's going from dish to camper. I just want to be able to put a box on main tv, and bunkhouse tv. Bunkhouse is the issue right now.

'13 Suntracker PB 22
Old 08-05-2016, 08:42 AM   #8

I have a SMW dish that I use. The box outside and the living room box are both used with SWM power or splitter. The box I'm trying to use in the bedroom is the old style box that uses all coax cable no SWM. I know the box works as I use in a spare bedroom at home. I also hooked it up directly to the outside tv of the 5th wheel. I use a portable SWM dish, get a signal, run coax to satelitte in on the side of the 5th wheel. My 5th wheel was pre-wired for satelittle so not getting a signal in the bedroom does not make any sense.
taurus88two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #9

Our unit has separate living room and bedroom connections outside for sat tv. The owners manual states the a coax jumper has to be removed when switching from standard cable to sat tv. Our living tv lowers down behind the fireplace and there is a small cabinet to the left. Inside the cabinet is a coax jumper about 6" long. That's the jumper I'm referring to, if you unit is pre-wired for sat tv I would "guess" you have the same setup somewhere inside. Check inside cabinets and closets.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
Our unit has separate living room and bedroom connections outside for sat tv. The owners manual states the a coax jumper has to be removed when switching from standard cable to sat tv. Our living tv lowers down behind the fireplace and there is a small cabinet to the left. Inside the cabinet is a coax jumper about 6" long. That's the jumper I'm referring to, if you unit is pre-wired for sat tv I would "guess" you have the same setup somewhere inside. Check inside cabinets and closets.
Will do! Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Old 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Does this work if you have separate sat connections outside for the living room and bedroom. my receivers are not the wireless genies, just the mini stand a lone
This is my configuration. I have a single coax coming in from the dish. My bedroom is a DVR also and with the Genie in the back I can record 7 programs at a time, not that I need to. I have Whole Home turned on so I can watch any recording on either DVR. A Genie Mini works fine in the bedroom in place of the DVR. This is a wired Mini, NOT a wireless.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 08-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Bud Man View Post
Rig is a 2016 325BHQS. I have 3 hook up options in my command center box on side of trailer. Cable, sat, and Aux. Hooking to Aux allows me to get signal through to main tv, but nothing more. Hooking to sat allows me nothing on any tv so far. I'm going to pull all panels this weekend as I think something is not hooked up right. I'm running off of a slimline dish with 3 lnbs, and 2 coax's going from dish to camper. I just want to be able to put a box on main tv, and bunkhouse tv. Bunkhouse is the issue right now.

I would replace the Slimline LNB with a SWM version and only use one coax into the RV and then wire similar to mine. You do need to find out where all of the coax's go. I contacted Jayco and they sent me an A/V wiring schematic which made it very easy. If they say they can't send this to you try harder. Engineering sent mine to me. I had it via email in minutes after the request.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Do you have the jumper coax that converts the system from cable to sat tv.
My 36 FBTS has one in a cabinet next to the tv. If you have it, it needs to be remove for sat tv
Here is the A/B switch being referred to;

Sorry for the fuzzy pic.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:35 AM   #14

Call jayco. They will walk you through it. you should not have to work on a 2016.
culleokapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by culleokapapa View Post
Call jayco. They will walk you through it. you should not have to work on a 2016.
This ^

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote