Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #1

Satellite for outside tv

I am trying to get satellite to my tv that is part of my outside kitchen. I have a pathway x2 for Dish, and I am able to get reception fine inside on the main TV, but I am not sure how to get a signal to the outside tv. Anybody done this that can help. This is for a 2017 29.5 BHDS.
tim665214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim665214 View Post
I am trying to get satellite to my tv that is part of my outside kitchen. I have a pathway x2 for Dish, and I am able to get reception fine inside on the main TV, but I am not sure how to get a signal to the outside tv. Anybody done this that can help. This is for a 2017 29.5 BHDS.
Your outside tv should be connected to the 5ers internal coax system. How are you getting your sat signal from your receiver to the tv? If it is connected to the internal coax, you should be able to view the sat station on all your tvs. All tvs will see the same channel. If you have a 2nd receiver your Pathway will support 2 receivers. You will have to run a coax from the Pathway to the 2nd receiver and then connect it to the outside tv. That would allow you to watch a different channel outside.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:11 PM   #3

For the main tv, I have the pathway's main output connected to the aux/sat2 input on the outside of my RV. Then inside I have the receiver connected to the top output from the wall plate. When I remove the wall plate, it looks like the bottom output is a switch with one input and 3 outputs. I am assuming on of those outputs is the outside connection, but I am not sure. I realiize that I can just run the 2nd output from the pathway directly to the outside tv, but then I am not able to close the large door on the outside. Plus, I was just hoping to have a cleaner connection than just running it directly to the outside tv.
tim665214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #4

Unsure if your setup is anything like mine is on the 377, but I have three inputs: one labled SAT goes directly to the living room TV; one is a coax feed, which feeds all of the TV's (through the second coax connector located near each of the TVs), and the third (which I believe is labled AUX) feeds all the other TV's other than the living room. That connector you talk about with the three connections, if it has a switch on it, is the amplifier to the TV antenna on the roof. When switched on, it feeds over-the-air HD signals to all your TV's, when off, it switches over to coax/cable.

If you call Jayco and give them your VIN number, they will email you a print of what you need. Just ask them for the coax routing in the RV.

Hope this all helps!

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:18 AM   #5

Here is an option that might work for you. However, you will have to sacrifice somewhere else in the system to get there. You can connect the 2nd output of the X2 to the "cable in" port on your unit. Then head to you main TV area and remove the coax plate to find where this wire comes into the amplified block assembly for your crank up antenna. Remove the "cable in" wire from the block and couple it the the coax wire going to the outside tv. This might take a bit of trial and error to locate, but it can be done without any fancy tools and just a bit of patience. You can buy the coax coupling at Walmart for a couple of dollars. You will still need a 2nd satellite box at the outside tv and will be limited to watching the same satellite as the main X2 output is using but you won't be stuck to just the same channel. By making this change, you will no longer have a your regular cable feed to anywhere else in the unit which may or may not be ok with you. For us, this wasn't a problem. We did eventually grow tired of the limitations of using the same satellite, so we broke down and bought a 2nd X2.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote