Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2015, 06:41 AM   #1

Scheduled maintenance?

Our 5th is moving toward its third birthday this spring. Will be dropping off at the dealer for winter storage soon. I do the usual exterior wash/wax a couple of times a year. Any little repairs (faucet handles, etc.) and modest upgrades (batteries, inverter, stabilizers, etc.) I have done. And I do the winterize/de-winterizing.

The only continuing mechanical/systems maintenance has been having the dealer repack wheel bearings, inspect brake wear (still good), and do a roof inspection. They get a little vague about other things when I ask about maintenance. Mostly listing lots of what seems to be inspections of the "does it still work?" variety for hundreds of dollars! Not that I'm against having a trained eye look at things, but a comprehensive listing suggesting "recommended service intervals", like done with automobiles/trucks would be nice to have.

I'm thinking of things like "regrease front landing gear system every year", or "lubricate and adjust slide-outs every two years", etc. type lists of things the various component manufacturers recommend. Of course the manual, which should have it, is pretty silent on the matter.

Can anyone point me to something Jayco has produced, or failing that, a recommended owner produced listing of service intervals?
Old 10-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
Site Team

Scheduled maintenance?

Kinda skimpy input from all manufacturers. My main thing is checking roof condition and slide condition. Every now and again, I take a screwdriver and make sure all cabinets and other screws are snug.
We use our rig enough that if somethings not right, either of us will make note.
Keep a list of things you note to correct at a later date.
We have the wheel bearings repacked every other year
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #3

Big things are brakes, bearings, lugs, springs and seals all around like AC, slides, corners and not just the roof. If you did not replace your spring gromets I would chack them for wear or breakage. You don't want them slapping around on the shackles.
Other stuff is more visable by the owner I feel as you are in it and know when things are out of place or not working right.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote