Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2015, 10:42 AM   #1

Schwintek slide no power to slide switch

I've been trouble shooting my bed room slide for a couple weeks on a 2014 Jayco eagle premier 343 RKTS. It started out the slide would not retract. I had it part way out and tried to retract. It would keep extending but would not retract. Finally the slide was all the way out. This was on a Sunday, so hit the Internet for information. First tried switching wires at switch, when tried to retract nothing. Did I mention that when retracting the motor did not even power up. Pressed the switch the other way and hit the end limit for extending which then turned the motor off and locked it in extend position. Tried the manual override on control box 6 and hold on 7, would not retract, it also did not show any trouble codes. The control box has power, but the switch does not. Checked switch with battery charger, switch seems to be fine. I disconnected the motor leads to push in the slide, I have a king bed with bathroom dresser attached. It would not budge. So pulled the motors and was able to push in all the way by myself. Changed out control box, wife and I were able to push slide out enough to install outside set screw, so then reinstalled motors and set screw. Hooked up all wiring no good, tried manual override no good. Ran wire from battery to switch no good. Ran same wire from battery to control box was able to close all the way and sync motors, now able to bypass switch and operate slide in and out no problem. Should have thought of this first. So seems like power to switch is coming from somewhere, did I mention I also have remote controls for other slides, awning and lights. Never tried the bed slide but does show it on remote, but that is not operating it. So going to dig into relay box today. Got an appointment at repair shop, but still two weeks out. I'm learning a lot about my trailer, emailed Jayco and with vin was able to get some drawings. Unfortunately not how switch is wired, but must go though remote control wiring for power because wires are a different color than the ones coming off the control box. Hope some of this info will help some and maybe someone might have gone through this and have some input..
Redmsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:49 PM   #2

Had the same trouble this weekend with mine. Able to muscle it back in and dropped it off at the dealer on Sunday.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:49 AM   #3

Yep found a 40 amp fuse blew on the remote control panel. Putin a 30 amp to see what would happen. Works fine. Reinstalled my old control box and still working. So not sure why fuse blew. But two days now and still working. Got a good shopping list of fuses to keep as spares. Luckily this happened at home. Will feel better if it happens out camping. Only might be another story if motors go out when closed. Thought of drilling holes to get to set screws when closed to remove motors. But the slide cover brackets in the way. Thanks for letting me share and hope this my help someone
Old 09-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #4

Do you have a king bed or queen just wondering. Did you just unplug your motors and able to push it in?