Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #1

Sewer hose storage

Hi all,

Well, we are getting ready to take our maiden voyage in our new 365. I was curious where does everyone store the sewer hose other than the rear bumper? If stored in the bumper what do people do to hold the plastic caps on? I was thinking of drilling small holes in the corners of the squares and attaching them with loose cable ties. Has anyone run into a situation where more than 20' of hose was not enough? I have to get some time and see if I can mount some 6"PVC under the unit somewhere other than the back as we have the slide out cargo tray. The sewer boom that was described looks interesting, i will have to do a little more research on that one. One Mod that i will definitely be doing is replacing the 1/2 bath remote dump valve cable with longer ones and putting with the main bath cables. I still don't understand why if they use remote cables why not put them all together. Crawling under the living room slide to empty the tank is not my idea of fun. I will post some pics when this is done.

Greg
7mgcmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #2

I use a plastic fence post cover from a home center. The end caps are hinged on with holes drilled in them for ventilation and strap the whole unit to the top of the bumper. I store hiking poles and washing poles in the rear bumper.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #3

I mounted a vinyl 5X5 fence post on top of the rear bumper. I painted it black using plastic coat paint prior to mounting. I also have the slide out tray and I could find nowhere underneath to attach the post.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #4

We have a couple that are different lengths depending on how far the dump is from our connection. They all go into a storage container.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #5

What's wrong with using the bumper? We had a FW for 18 years and stored our sewer hose in the bumper for all that time, it didn't rust, mostly since it plastic, and the bumper worked great. Father-in-law fixed the end caps for me by drilling a couple of holes in the bumper and the end caps and putting a small piece of aluminum wire down through all the holes. Kept the caps from ever coming out. Got a little harder to find the bottom holes after I covered the holes in the cap with duct tape to keep wasps from putting nests in the bumper.
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #6

My husband doesn't like using the bumper. He purchased a good sized rubber made bin and he keep the hose in there and the gloves, and a spray bottle of bleach for the ends. Our hose has caps on the ends, so it's not quite as yucky as one that does not.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #7

The reason I went to the larger square tube is that I cannot fit my sewer hose in the factory bumber with the 90 degree fitting on the end. Also, the other end that you connect on to the sewer pipe itself will not fit. It would be a pita to remove both after each use.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #8

I'm a little confused on this one. I have to agree with jal0710...the bumper has worked fine for me for 10 years. The fitting on the end of the hose that connects to the dump valve fits in the bumper perfectly. The 90 that I use to connect to the sewer I store in a small compartment all it's own. So far, the end caps of the bumper have stayed in place with the two pegs in them inserted into the holes in the bumper.

In terms of the original question, I have two 10' sections and really (fortunately) haven't needed more.

I must say, the black tank flush on my Eagle Superlite HT is the cat's meow. After I dump the tank, I just let that run while I tend to other things. I did put in one of those clear attachments to see what color the water is, and it is clear when I'm done. No more wand stuck down the toilet.
dlongley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mgcmn View Post
Hi all,

Well, we are getting ready to take our maiden voyage in our new 365. I was curious where does everyone store the sewer hose other than the rear bumper? If stored in the bumper what do people do to hold the plastic caps on? I was thinking of drilling small holes in the corners of the squares and attaching them with loose cable ties. Has anyone run into a situation where more than 20' of hose was not enough? I have to get some time and see if I can mount some 6"PVC under the unit somewhere other than the back as we have the slide out cargo tray. The sewer boom that was described looks interesting, i will have to do a little more research on that one. One Mod that i will definitely be doing is replacing the 1/2 bath remote dump valve cable with longer ones and putting with the main bath cables. I still don't understand why if they use remote cables why not put them all together. Crawling under the living room slide to empty the tank is not my idea of fun. I will post some pics when this is done.

Greg
I added a 6 inch tube on top of the square sewer bumper to accommidate the extra lenghts of sewer hose we carry- The square sewer bumper is too small to carry a sewer hose with both ends in place unless you cut down the sewer ends- We frequently need extra lenghts of sewer hose to reach a sewer inlet- Better to have too much than not enough- JMHO- DD
Old 07-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #10

Where I winter in Texas it took 20ft to get to the sewer connection. My new rig is 6ft longer than my old one so I will need another lenght. The extra square tube will come in handy.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #11

Amen to the black tank flusher. Mine is a No-Fuss Flush system that Jayco installed, and I sure wish there had been one on my last TT. The only thing that has ever gone wrong with the system is a bad vacuum breaker valve, and, once replaced, it really makes flushing easy. Will never be without one again, if I have to install it myself.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote