Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorpie View Post
I have a 2017 Jayco HT 28.5 RSTS and I didn't come with a shade either on the front door but has a place for it. I talked with the dealership and I am suppose to get it when I take the trailer in for warranty work on May 8th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Vivian View Post
So today the guy who handles warranty issues at the dealer calls and says that he called Jayco and they said that our trailer does not come with a shade in the door window unless it is ordered as an option. It never came up when we ordered the trailer. The dealer is getting one from the factory and then I guess we have to argue about who will pay for it. The saga continues.
Just got my trailer back last night and the dealer paid for the shade and installed it at no charge.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorpie View Post
Just got my trailer back last night and the dealer paid for the shade and installed it at no charge.
That's good news. I contacted Jayco and they are not committing to whether I should have gotten one.

When was your trailer built? Mine came off the line in June 2016. Jayco says it was a running line change but they don't know when it started.
2016 GMC 3500 Denali CC D/A
Dave&Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:41 PM   #23

Quote:
That's good news. I contacted Jayco and they are not committing to whether I should have gotten one.

When was your trailer built? Mine came off the line in June 2016. Jayco says it was a running line change but they don't know when it started.
Where do I look to see when it came off the line? I bought it in Nov. 2016
Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #24

On mine there is white sticker on the left front corner that has vin number, trailer weight and tire pressure. On the upper right corner of the sticker mine has 06/16. Not sure what exact day it was completed.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #25

Quote:
On mine there is white sticker on the left front corner that has vin number, trailer weight and tire pressure. On the upper right corner of the sticker mine has 06/16. Not sure what exact day it was completed.
Just looked: 05/16
Old 06-04-2017, 09:21 AM   #26

Just a follow up on my window shade saga. Jayco would not give me a shade but in the end my dealer ordered one and gave it to me at no cost. I installed it myself at home in about 30 minutes, most of which were spent cleaning out all the loose styrofoam pieces after taking off the inside trim piece.
If any of you attempt this make sure you tape the outside trim (with the glass) to the door because when the inside trim is removed there nothing holding it in place.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:08 PM   #27
MM2

loose door shade

Hi all. We have a 2020 Eagle 317 RLOK. We overall pleased with the unit. My question is regarding removal or the interior trim on the door window so you can adjust the tension on the blind. The trim piece has four levers that you can move but I cannot get the trim to budge. the blind appears to adjust the same way the other blinds do, but you cannot get to the tension buttons. Thank you.

q
MM2 is offline   Reply With Quote