Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
tld

Shower floor not supported around drain

So, I'm a new Eagle owner on my maiden voyage. First time using the shower I noticed that there is about an inch of flex of the shower floor around the shower drain. I went below and found that during the manufacturing process, a 9x9 inch square had been cut in the floor to accommodate the attaching of the shower drain line to the shower. This 9x9 inch area allows a lot of flex of the shower floor that seems like will certainly crack the shower floor eventually. Has anyone else found the same issue? Anyone have any opinions regarding this issue?
tld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:52 PM   #2

There is a piece of some sort of stiff plastic foam supporting the shower floor in my trailer - it's between the shower floor and the floor of the trailer. It sure sounds like Jayco left out that piece when they built yours. Definitely one inch of flex will damage your shower floor. Really, I would suggest not using the shower until reinforcement is installed.

If it's a new trailer, it surely would be covered by the warranty. If it's used, perhaps your dealer or you could insert something to reinforce the floor.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
tld

Thanks RVhiker for your response and for taking the time to look at your shower floor area. Jayco did put the foam between the shower floor and the floor on my trailer. But, the problem is that they sawed a 9x9 inch square out of the trailer floor so that they could connect the shower drain to the drain pipe going into the grey tank. But because they did the cut out, now nothing supports the shower floor under the 9x9 inch floor cut out. So, when you are in the shower, every time you step near the drain, there is considerable flexing of the shower floor. So I was wondering if cutting that 9x9 inch square out of the floor is normal for Jayco construction, or did someone screw up on mine?
tld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:25 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Just take a picture and send you concern to Jayco. And see what they have to say.
If they do nothing about it, you have to deal with it. Just see what your best solutions is.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:47 AM   #5

Warranty work is what I would request. Just make sure the dealer is capable of performing adequate work.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:52 PM   #6

Hey Tld no its not just yours, I had the same exact issue, they cant seem to use a proper hole saw to cut out the ply for the drain, probably cant afford one at the factory, lol, either that or its just another quality control issue that doesn't concern them, I had mine in to the dealer over the fall/winter for a list of other things as well, and they filled the area with wood and reinforced it from the bottom, so yes as others have stated get it in and have them look at it, its covered.
ont-tt is offline   Reply With Quote