Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #1

Side panels questions

Hello Jayco friends,
My name is John and my family and I had a 99 jayco BH for a while and loved it so much we sold it to buy a Jayco 5th wheel. I follow other forums like this one and always find great information. Thank you in advance!!!

Ok my question.

i am looking at a 2012 eagle 30.5 BHLT that has some hail damage on the lower metal on the driver side. I have looked at pictures of the roof and fiberglass and see none of those black dots on the rubber roof and no obvious abnormalities on the side panels. I opted not to buy, but the owner said they decided to order the metal from Jayco and just replace them. So now my gears are turning again. How hard are they to change? Does this affect any of the fiberglass bonding? Other the the fender skirt, trim and more of the goooy caulking, what has to be removed? Believe me I will not purchase without seeing it, but I just wanted to see if anybody out there in camper world has done this. Thanks again john
gacnik123 is offline   Reply With Quote