Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #1

Slide issue

In April my wife and I purchased a 2015 325bhqs. After only 3 trips I noticed that while my wife was bringing in the kitchen slide in, the outside wall was pulling out almost like it was delamination. I contacted the dealer and it was discovered that the framing for the schwintek slide was never attached to the wall causing it to twist and pull the wall out. I firmly believe that this should have been discovered during the factory inspection before shipment to the dealer! Because if this issue I now have to cancel some planned trips while the dealer repairs Jayco's mistake. Not a happy camper .... Literally.
Eagle103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:10 AM   #2

Sorry to hear about this. What happened to quality control anyway? I bet Jayco monitors this site to take heed. If they don't they have their heads in the sand. Needs be inspected as if it were going to be their personal purchase.

Good luck with your Schwintek slide system. We have a large living area slide in our Pinnacle consisting of the double refrigerator, stove top and convection/microwave oven and entertainment/fireplace. To successfully operate the this slide, the coach must be level with all jacks, front and back fully set. We have experienced problems bringing the slide back in. On a few occasions, it will hang up after coming in about 10 to 12 inches. Schwintek has a "jog" method to bring the slide in.

Good luck.

2011 Jayco Pinnacle 35LKTS
2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.7L
Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/72000 Wireless compressor
PullRite SuperGlide w/SuperRails
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle103 View Post
I I firmly believe that this should have been discovered during the factory inspection before shipment to the dealer!
Very true and the dealer should have caught it before you picked it up as well.

The dealer should have run all the slides in and out several times when they did the PDI and they should have also run them in and out when you did your walk through. Blame on both for this mess.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:07 PM   #4

Join the club, Jayco has gone too dang near dead last on quality control IMHO!
Diesel Mike1 is offline   Reply With Quote