Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2015, 04:47 PM   #1

Slide Jammed on Jayco 2015 Model 4212

I went to bring my Main large slide IN and it started poping on the Right side lower or TV side lower. After Retrying many times and trying the resync procedure many times, I got the Slide in. Back at Homebase (Clearwater Fla.) tried to put slide OUT same problem. After Retrying many times and trying the resync procedure many times, I got the Slide Out. I now notice the Top Rail is being chewed on upper edge (not Gears) by the Small V shapped NYLON roller that has failed and caused the Whole Right side of Slide to lower. To me the roller is for allignment not weight since the slide lowered because of roller failure only could mean there was to much weight on it. The Screws from the bottom rail are also digging into the floor when the slide is IN I have contacted dealer but they are backlogged by 3 week's. Is this something that could be fixed by a Onsite Visit by a Jayco Tech.
lancesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #2

Sounds like a warranty issue to me- I would GUESS that the slide needs to be adjusted or has a broken gear- I would not take this problem lightly as outside repairs will be costly IMHO- DD
Old 06-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #3

Model 4212 Schwintek slide

My 2015 Seismic 4212 has been at dealer for 4 months getiing the large SCHWINTEK slide repaired also the floor was damaged by slide and it to needed repair. There also was 2 recalls 1- steel stair rivets poping 2- electric door lock jamminig. also waited 2 months before I could get appointment for a total of 6 months. Went to pick up unit hoo-rah its done. I had the dealer work slide in and out it worked once and got all jammed up, the stairs were not fixed the door locked was not fixed but the floor looked nice. Now my 2 year warranty is really a 1.5 year and declining since I could not pick unit up they need more time. So I spoke to Jayco and asked if they would extend my 2 year warranty to cover the now going on 7 months repair. They responded they never heard of such a thing. Anybody Any Suggestions.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesr View Post
My 2015 Seismic 4212 has been at dealer for 4 months getiing the large SCHWINTEK slide repaired also the floor was damaged by slide and it to needed repair. There also was 2 recalls 1- steel stair rivets poping 2- electric door lock jamminig. also waited 2 months before I could get appointment for a total of 6 months. Went to pick up unit hoo-rah its done. I had the dealer work slide in and out it worked once and got all jammed up, the stairs were not fixed the door locked was not fixed but the floor looked nice. Now my 2 year warranty is really a 1.5 year and declining since I could not pick unit up they need more time. So I spoke to Jayco and asked if they would extend my 2 year warranty to cover the now going on 7 months repair. They responded they never heard of such a thing. Anybody Any Suggestions.
We have the same issue with same model and year. It has be an issue for over a year and now over 2 months in shop...........

the slide completely failed in the shop, Jayco is adding 6 rollers vs 3, a 500:1 motors vs 300:1 and more outriggers. However the parts came in and they put the slide back in and it was the wrong parts! Now the slide comes back out and waiting for the correct 500:1 system......
Attached Thumbnails
20160520_205455480_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:47 PM   #5

Yes My 2015 4212 Slide looked the same. Unfortunately using the SCHWINTEK on a slide this heavy is exceeding the weight limits of the SCHWINTEK mechanism. So unless they are reducing the vertical weight load applied to the SCHWINTEK mechanism ( adding rollers will not ) the problem will keep re-occuring as it has. All RV manufactures that use this SCHWINTEK mechanism on a large slide are experiencing the same issue. Some have done the right thing and retrofitted with the proper slide Mech that handles that size slide but as of yet JAYCO has not. SCHWINTEK has released a new slide that is being used on large slides now.It has 2 rails on top and 1 on bottom. This is probably the only remedy that will permanently fix our issue.