Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2015, 07:39 AM   #1

Slide malfunction

We have a new 2015 325BQHS Eagle Quad Slide. Used it for the third time this past week end and the large Kitchen slide would not retract as normal. After several attempts of going out and in we finally got it to retract all the way. We are afraid to put it back out now until it is serviced. I call the Dealer this morning to make an appointment for warranty repairs and was told that it may take more than two weeks to get to it. Is there something I can check and repair myself?
ncemsjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:57 AM   #2

If it is a schwintek slide there are many posts for this. I always get the coach level and on shore power if available before i move the slides. Also on the schwintek slides once you start moving the slide don't stop. It is when you stop midway is when they get out of time and bind.

Also search for how to lubricate the schwintek slide. there is a good you tube video for that.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:01 AM   #3

Lots you can do!

It all depends on how handy you are and how many risks you are willing to take.

Have and assistant open and close one of the other slides several times while you observe how it operates. What are the sounds of the motors and gears/cables/clutches during normal operation? Can you see how the parts move?

Then observe how the faulty one sounds/moves. Look for misaligned or loose tracks, cables or cogs. See if a critter has left a nest in some part of the mechanism.

If you get daring, find and remove the access covers for the drive. See if there are missing or loose screws.

I consider myself very handy and will disassemble brand-new things to fix them in order to avoid a trip to the dealer.

Know where you stand before ripping up the carpeting...

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:35 AM   #4

Start with this first if you have aluminum s tracks on the side of your slide.

http://www.amlrv.com/site/wp-content...l-override.pdf

If it's a lower arm then that will require getting under the unit and exposing the motor(s).

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #5

Check the wiring. The motors connect to one or more extension cables. Small 6 wire connectors and they unseat very very easily. One motor on one side of my slide the connector was backed out on one side, thus one of the leads wasn't making contact. It was a Hall effect sense wire. The power to the slide motor was still engaged. It caused the motor on that side not to sync with the other. Resulted in a jam. Controllers on my unit are somewhere I can't get to them, which would have told me right away there was a Hall effect error. Found the connector, saw it was backed out, reseated it and it's been perfect ever since.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncemsjoe View Post
We have a new 2015 325BQHS Eagle Quad Slide. Used it for the third time this past week end and the large Kitchen slide would not retract as normal. After several attempts of going out and in we finally got it to retract all the way. We are afraid to put it back out now until it is serviced. I call the Dealer this morning to make an appointment for warranty repairs and was told that it may take more than two weeks to get to it. Is there something I can check and repair myself?
Check your owners manual for emergency slide operation. There should be crank handles with the unit, and it may get you by until you can get to the dealer.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote