Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #1

Slide Out Issue

Hi all! We recently purchased a Jayco Northpoint from Camping World. Worst customer service ever.

When we got it home, we had an issue with 2 slides, they came out, said they were OK. Got back from our first trip and kitchen/fireplace slide is an issue.

It has apparently pulled in back of the trailer. See pic.

Any advice on what is happening and what exactly to say to Camping World, because we are finding they are not so knowledgable.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2455.jpg   IMG_2456.jpg  
joliestarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #2

If your talking about the bottom flashing being bent in from the slide it's most likely not from the slides. That's a hard task for the slide to do based on their setups. I would suspect either a bent support under neath the flashing or someone in the campground hitting it.

That bottom piece is very flimsy and will bend with little to no effort. Take a peak underneath and look around the supports. They are just a screw and piece of tin in most cases holding it in. They will flap in the wind under most cases. And in a screw is missing that could have happened from the travel alone.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
If your talking about the bottom flashing being bent in from the slide it's most likely not from the slides. That's a hard task for the slide to do based on their setups. I would suspect either a bent support under neath the flashing or someone in the campground hitting it.

That bottom piece is very flimsy and will bend with little to no effort. Take a peak underneath and look around the supports. They are just a screw and piece of tin in most cases holding it in. They will flap in the wind under most cases. And in a screw is missing that could have happened from the travel alone.
Thank you. It is actually the slide though. You can see it retract and then correct as the slide moves.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #4

So it's out of sync which is easily fixed with a few retracts. Check out LCI university for Schwinteck slide sync. You need to reset the zero on the retract.

There are some You tube videos on doing this yourself. You might even need to do an override to get it completely shut, then cycle it in and out to sync.

The key to these is always hold the button down 3-5 seconds after completing the cycle and do not stop mid way unless an emergency.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #5

UPDATE:

This is a major issue our dealer cannot fix. We have been told our unit will be picked up by Jayco and taken to Jayco in IN and that corporate is involved.

At this point we have no "diagnosis" or idea if this is fixable or the length of time to fix.

Does anyone have a contact for corporate? I have not been able to get this from our dealer yet and I am becoming impatient.

Thank you.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #6

I have found at the local Camping World (and the others I have visited in other states) they are more sales people than camping people working there. The prices are always worse than I can find at other dealers or online. The last time I went to one looking for a specific type of trailer (bunkhouse with two slides and outdoor kitchen) they said yes, we have a few of those on the lot. So we drive there and they take us around to trailers that have none of the things I was looking for. It was a waste of my time and I think they thought I would just going to buy a trailer because they showed me one, or they knew they were just wasting my time. I personally make camping world my last option. These are just my experiences, and I have not had any service done there, and I know others have had great experiences. I really feel like they hire a bunch of used cars sales people so why would I want them working on my trailer. Sorry to rant a little, I can tell you I have had nothing but excellent Jayco warranty work completed - they have covered everything for me.

Jayco, Inc.

Attn: Owner Relations
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540
Phone: 800-283-8267
Fax: 574-825-0679
https://www.jayco.com/site/contact/service/

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #7

Sounds like your dealer is not much use for anything. Start with this Jayco#: 800-283-8267
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:44 PM   #8

Warranty

I totally agree with Jayco warranty being excellent. We travel across the country. When an issue arises they find the closest dealer to me.
hunter444 is offline   Reply With Quote