Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfurry78 View Post
All I did was call Jayco and talked to them and they said they would install them at the factory. One of the very few add ons or changes they would do for the camper I ordered.

Will you post the number you called please? So you placed your order with a dealer and then called Jayco and had them add it to your order? If so I will do this...

Different people at dealers and jayco give different answers about custom stuff. I know this first hand. Had one dealer say jayco order management said no deletes and another dealer say it was ok. Have a email from jayco saying deletes are ok and have another email from jayco saying it was not ok...

There doesn't seem to be any uniformity in responses. But if you called jayco and added the topper to your existing order I will try. Again if you have a number I appreciate it. My order was already placed by dealer.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #22

My dealer called Jayco and verified the awnings could be put on when my camper was being built.
They said yes, and the price was very good. (Less than $200 per awning. Total of 4 on the new rig.)
Old 04-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Will you post the number you called please? So you placed your order with a dealer and then called Jayco and had them add it to your order? If so I will do this...

Different people at dealers and jayco give different answers about custom stuff. I know this first hand. Had one dealer say jayco order management said no deletes and another dealer say it was ok. Have a email from jayco saying deletes are ok and have another email from jayco saying it was not ok...

There doesn't seem to be any uniformity in responses. But if you called jayco and added the topper to your existing order I will try. Again if you have a number I appreciate it. My order was already placed by dealer.
I don't have a number handy but I will dig through my old emails as I took delivery almost a year ago today. I do remember that it was way cheaper (I think someone mentioned this already) to have the awnings added at the factory and I also remember having them add the second AC in the master (which I am glad I did) at the same time. My dealer gave me the number that I called now that I think about it.....
bfurry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfurry78 View Post
I don't have a number handy but I will dig through my old emails as I took delivery almost a year ago today. I do remember that it was way cheaper (I think someone mentioned this already) to have the awnings added at the factory and I also remember having them add the second AC in the master (which I am glad I did) at the same time. My dealer gave me the number that I called now that I think about it.....

I appreciate it. If it's too much trbl don't worry about finding the number. I would pay the factory to do it...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:00 PM   #25
jtw

Thanks for the info, I'll probity order them and do the install myself, I had no idea I could of gotten them factory installed (shame on me for not asking) BigJohnD you might be getting a PM.
What brand is jayco using?
Old 04-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #26

Dometic
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:19 PM   #27

Mine has A&E Toppers on them. Mine was just built in late Feb.

Dave...

2013 Ram 2500, CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue - SOLD

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:00 PM   #28

Same thing. Dometic / A&E.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:54 AM   #29

I asked the question earlier and just yesterday Dometic was mentioned. Is A&E the Full Cover or what does A&E mean?

Dometic has 3 different models.

SlideTopper Deluxe EZ
SlideTopper Elite EZ
SlideTopper Full Cover

The "Full Cover" mentions A&E. Is this what most are putting on there rigs?
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebra View Post
I asked the question earlier and just yesterday Dometic was mentioned. Is A&E the Full Cover or what does A&E mean?

Dometic has 3 different models.

SlideTopper Deluxe EZ
SlideTopper Elite EZ
SlideTopper Full Cover

The "Full Cover" mentions A&E. Is this what most are putting on there rigs?
I have the SlideTopper Deluxe EZ on mine. The next 2 modles up, have covers on the awnings to protect them from UV Sunrays. I wish mine had covers!

Dave...

2013 Ram 2500, CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue - SOLD

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:07 PM   #31

Deluxe EZ is the most common, and they are all in fact EZ. Ones that have the full cover are ok, provided you can remove the cover to clean all the crap out of it. They look good, but I preferred the Deluxe. Without looking, I think the Elite just has the metal wrap or something, which again I'm not super crazy about. Good thing they make the 3 since each person likes a different one.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #32
jtw

Just pulled the trigger on 3 dometic ez elite toppers, thanks for all the imput, I hope the install goes well.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewind View Post
I agree! I'm talking installed, each. Not just materials etc. Which, for some who aren't into doing the install themselves might not balk at. Hopefully if they're done at the factory during the build they should be done right. Or you would think so anyway.

They also said they'd be warranty covered as factory installed should there be any issues.
Sorry A little late to this party. Dealer was going to install on my 2016 Eagle 5th wheel when I ordered it, but then told me the factory could do it and it would be covered under the warranty. Good thing, (warranty)as the main slide topper brackets ripped out of the siding during the PDI. Thought the factory should know where to and how to fasten the hardware, wrong again!!
ExChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #34

Dealer tried quoting mine but didn't know what sizes to use....great confidence builder eh? Finally they discovered that the factory could do them. Total $900 for all three on a 321rsts. I agree that it's the best option given the fact that the warranty will cover them too. Don't know what brand they'll install. Couldn't get that out of the dealer...another confidence builder.
They'll probably be Carefree.....
Not sure if I really care as long as they're installed properly.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #35

Scary if they couldn't figure out size. Dometic gives you a chart showing recommended sizes based on outer flange to flange dimension. Their measurements are good based on my installs.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #36

I resorted to calling Jayco to determine the slide dimensions and even they couldn't give me accurate measurements. They tried telling me that the bed slide was 60". Duh...the queen bed is that wide so obviously the slide had to be wider. I finally got a dealer in Kentucky to measure all three slides. He actually measured the widest point on the outside of the slide. I had to give those measurements to my dealer before he discovered that the factory could include them in the build.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:44 PM   #37

I ordered mine with them from factory, red tag. I'm getting to lazy to climb up and sweep pine needles and leaves here in New England. Worth every penny in my opinion.
FoxRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #38

Except for blowing debris off when departing..any advantage?..i cant get to top of slide easily..ive seen them fill with water and become bird baths..aftermarket hole drilling in my rig?..no toppers for me also i do not cover my rig..i like easy access excercising generator... no scratches or marring
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote