Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #1

Slide When Closing

I am hoping someone can verify if their slide closes like mine. It is the main slide, dinette and theater seats, has electric under mount slide drive, not Schwintek. When I close it the top comes into contact with the camper sidewall first then the bottom continues in. It seals fine, as far as I know, but if you are standing inside and watch the slide "seat", it is scary. the dinette "twists" about an 1" or 2" and it just seems that there is so much of this "twist", it has to be stressing the slide unit. I attached a picture of what the outside looks like when I retract. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if there is a problem with the alignment of mine. I haven't asked the dealer yet, as sometimes their answers don't make much sense, so I thought I would start were I can get some honest opinions and hopefully an answer.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Camper Slide.JPG  
Old 05-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #2

Hi. It probably just needs synced. I would try this first before you return to dealer. I was told to sync a slide out , run all the way out without stopping and then retract all the way in without stopping. You may have to do this a couple of times. Our Jayco dealer explained this to us when we got our 26.5 ht. If this does not work then I would take it to the dealer. . Good luck
luvs2camp7164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #3
Site Team

I do not know of any help "syncing" would be on that type slide. I have 2 on my rig of that type and they do come in at the top first then seal at the bottom but it may need adjusting by your dealer. I don't have the twisting you describe but that sounds like an adjustment.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:08 PM   #4

Mine goes out and in, just like yours. No issues, no worries. I haven't noticed any twist in the dinette, but the top certainly tips in. Eagle BHXB HT.
Krusegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:28 PM   #5

Glad you asked this question. My 377 does the same thing on the same slide and I was unsure if it was OK. Does yours make a loud clicking sound also?
Dustin.Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #6

I have an Eagle HT 26.5 and my main slide works the same way. I think it's how they make them more flush with the floor when they are extended. It must slide on something that slopes in right at the end.
I just had mine completely readjusted (because every single bolt where the slide rails attached to the outside wall were only finger tight from factory).
After a full adjustment by the dealer- mine works just like you describe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #7

ours contacts the top first and then bottom pulls in and when it starts clicking we know its seated
Old 05-22-2016, 03:57 AM   #8

Thanks everyone. I always like the response on this forum to questions, as you you get a great sampling. It seems that mine in "normal", i may try adjusting to remove some of the "twist".

Dustin.Ford, the loud "clicking" is appropriate according to my dealer. I hope he's right, I try to stop before it does it. Sounds like a clutch device to me, I guess time will tell!!

Again Thanks everyone and Happy Camping
Old 05-22-2016, 04:56 AM   #9
Site Team

Your goal should be to stop the Clicking after a click is heard.

We remove our finger from the button just BEFORE it clicks.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:40 AM   #10

Bottom should be flush outside just like the top. Check the "stop can" underneath. If its bumping the frame with the slide like yours is, a minor adjustment of the can will allow it to come in more like it should. I'm assuming you're getting the ratchet sound at the point it's at in the picture.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #11

I had an issue with my non Schwintek slide on my 2015 323LKTS. Mine was a problem with leaving a gap like you show only on the inside. After 10 trips to the dealer for adjusting, I finally got a referral to Lippert, who makes the slide. It was caused by a bowing in the female tubes which caused too much room and kept allowing the slide to get out of adjustment. My dealer had no idea how to fix the problem. But Lippert did in one service visit. I would have the dealer get Lippert in contact with you.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:48 PM   #12

Standard slides like the one on the curbside of the 377 are made with the top smaller then the bottom so they seal up from the top down. The clicking noise should be heard when moving is done. Do not keep it racheting. Be careful adjusting those yourself. Floor damage is very common when customers try to self adjust them.
Redbird7 is offline   Reply With Quote