Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2016, 06:04 AM   #31
Aggravating I know, but if a tech can't fix that, he / she needs to find another line of work. As dalengail said, very simple system. Motor, gear box, actuator, 2 gear packs / rollers, drive shaft between gear packs, then rails. That's it. Then of course the adjustments at the end of the rails.

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear some of the people you've dealt with used to work for Forest River. Sounds like some of them I've dealt with. Slide opening not even square, no problem, normal. Whole side wall leaning inward / out of square, no problem, just how they're built. Slide leaks, nothing we can do. I've heard all kinds of stupid crap.

John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-8 / Little John-5 / Iva-1+
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat FX4, CC LB PSD, DRW
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:50 AM   #32
Another update. I took another trip this weekend, and upon arrival home, the gap on the slide is now an inch and 1/8th from the inside wall. It grows larger with every trip, from a beginning of approximately 1/2 inch to now over an inch. The largest it has gotten before I could get it back for service is about 1 and 3/4 inch. My dealer has been upfront for several months, saying they have never encountered this kind of problem, and need Jayco's assistance to find out what is wrong. However, the Jayco Service Manager who was assigned my case told me, and I quote, "This is not an issue because the slide still seals." I was shocked to hear them say that a problem that gets larger with every trip, and leaves the inside floor unlevel, and simply does not work as it was engineered to work, is "not an issue." I immediately requested he not review my case anymore and to speak with his supervisor. I finally received a response from the supervisor after 2 weeks. He has finally concurred with me that the entire slide mechanism may need to be replaced. I take it back, for the 7th time, to the dealer today.

2015 Eagle 323 LKTS
2003 Ford F250 7.3 L Diesel
LegalEagle is offline   Reply With Quote