Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #1

Slide won't work

Folks, got out bedroom slide out today but when bringing it back in, the front part of the slide mechanism kind of quit working. It's a Jayco Eagle SuperLite HT 26.5 RLS with a bedroom slide for a wardrobe. When we did the walkthrough the slide balked when I tried it, but later the mechanic got it to work. We have put it in and out a number times, but this time it just doesn't want to work. Any ideas and is this the proper forum for this question? If not, would the moderator move it to the proper place?
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Site Team

First question is , how far to the dealer? It's good that it has already been documented as not working before you took delivery. If it is in warranty they should take care of it.

I would check the connections on the slide controller. if it has one. Not sure what type slide that is but it does not sound like a big one.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #3

It is a small slide but it is a system with electric motors and what look like a series of long skinny "U's" where the slide system is. I have called the dealer, 2 1/2 hours away but probably will not hear from them until tomorrow. Was just hoping somebody had had the same type problem and gotten it solved.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #4

I realize it's an obvious question, but is your battery fully charged? They are very sensitive to low voltage problems.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #5

Actually it is plugged in to our house with a 30 amp set-up. Sorry I left that out. The larger slide worked ok as did the awning.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #6

Next question? Does it move at all, even if ever so slightly when you push the switch? If it does try bumping it in with the switch. If it is in any kind of a bind, or there is any debris under it the controller will think it is closed. We had that happen on our kitchen slide and I found a loose screw that was in the carpet. Stopped it from continuous movement but I could bump it in.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #7

It does move a bit, but will go out until it seems to line up the front corner with the rear corner. It is the slide on the front corner that seems to bind. I have tried to pull and push it in but that doesn't seem to work either. I'll try to "bump" it in later. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #8

Sounds like the same type of slide mechanism as the front bedroom slide on our former 2011 365BHS. When the tornado slammed it against the tree, all my slides still worked, but the bedroom slide (which had the "U" groove slides was "****ed" where the front end has been forced out an inch or 2 further than the rear. I got it to slide all the way out, but when I went to slide it back in, it slid maybe 16" or so and then bound up and stopped. Wouldn't go in, but would slide back out. You might check and make sure yours hasn't somehow slid out further on 1 side.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:53 AM   #9
Site Team

That mechanism has more than one motor. Somewhere there is a little box called a motor Synchronizer module. Check all the connections on it and I'll bet one is loose. Your dealer should check this out as you stated it did it once before.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #10

Found the control for the front bedroom wardrobe slide and it's flashing a red light eight times like the guy talked about in the video. Something about "hall power". I will talk to the dealer to see if they can help.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
Site Team

Schwintek in wall slide system

Is this: the video? If so it does have a light indicator to point you in the right direction.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 03-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #12

I looked at the light indicator and it flashed red eight times. Talked to the tech yesterday and he had no idea what I was talking about. Hasn't worked on this type of slide system yet. Supposed to call me back yesterday after I sent the video to them, but no call. Will try to reach them today. If they don't have the capability to fix this, maybe the RV place closer to home can do it, although don't know if they can work on this system either.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #13

Our new (on order, due April 27) 321RLTS has the same Shwinteck Slide System on the bedroom, so your problem peeked my interest and I spent a few minutes looking for info on how they work. I found out that it is made by Lippert and there is a site with the manual that might help out. It's called "Inwell Owners Manual" and the www is lancecamper.com. Fill yer boots!
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #14

DMRGMC, thanks for the link. It's only a four page manual, but one of the things it says, is to unplug the motors and the slide should be able to be pushed in. Will try that tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #15

We finally got our slide to go back in. We tried unplugging the motors at the control box, but still couldn't get the slide to move. Then we tried working the motors out following the instructions in a video and nothing would move. So DW was standing on a ladder with a flashlight and said, "the motor is right here and not as far back as we thought". Well, we just pulled back the rubber protection and you could see the square base of the motor. Jiggled the slide a bit to free up the motor and we were able to push it in, only had to climb up one more time to get the motors up again. Got it in, sawed a couple of 2X4s for a lock inside and, someday, we will be going to the dealer or somewhere to get this thing synchronized so we can use it again. When we took the screw out that held the motor in, nothing would move like shown in the video because it was all caulked in and very solid, but the rubber was able to be pulled out so you see inside just enough. DMRGMC, hope this doesn't happen to you, but if so, it can be taken care of with enough tenacity by the DW, if not you.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #16

jal0710 it's good that you worked it out. It doesn't always go as they show on you tube, specially when they are using a model (or reasonable facsimile) without a gasket and weatherstrip in the way and poor lighting, teetering on the ladder.
After the initial panic dissipates and logic prevails, you can savor the accomplishment. Then, next challenge please!
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote