Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2015, 08:26 PM   #1

Slider motor

The door side slider is stuck open on my 2014 375 BHFS. I can't even find the motor. Any ideas?
jmj49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #2

I am guessing you have a Schwintek slide. If there are toothed tracks along each side of the slide it is a Schwintek system. The motors a located at the top of each side of the slide. Do a google search on Schwintek slide. You will find several videos showing how to deal with the system.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:09 AM   #3

The control panel for that is in the basement, door side, behind the access panel. There should be a code flashing and you can hit the retract override button from there.

Your motors are on either side of the unit 3/4's of the way up. Being open you can only access it from the outside currently. There are access panels within the weather stripping.

Best to start with the control panel and work back from there. I had a wire pull out of a motor last year and the system diagnosed it correctly. On the fron of the control panel there is a code breakdown which you determine from how many times the light flashes.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:45 AM   #4

slider

I found the control panel. No lights are flashing. I pressed the button 6 times and held on seventh, until red and green flashed, then tried to open device normal way as per their instructions. No good. I disconnected the motor wires and tried pushing in. No Good. I exposed one motor so I may have to manually disengage and push the slider in, Supposed to have left for vacation this morning with grand kids, this is annoying on a unit that is less than a year old.. By the way there is no sound from the motor,

John
Old 06-29-2015, 07:03 AM   #5

Is there a Scwintek tech support phone number?

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #6

tel:5745378900

This is tech support #. That fact that you have flashing lights on the control panel means there is power to that part, from there it is a short run and there are a few points of connection. On the floor there is a clip with the wires exposed to the lower left of the fridge. Check to see that is plugged in.

So after you hit the retract button did the control panel have a red light flashing? If so how many times does it flash between start points? That will tell you the error. If not then I would check the connection behind the switch at the control panel for possible loose connections first as I think that might be your issue. You can bypass the switch at the control panel too, but that could possibly throw your sync off.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #7

Schwintek WD useless. lol found the motors last night. Talked to jayco this morning and found out where the controller for this slide as hidden. Had a repair guy come out he found the rear miter wrapped in red tape and loose connection we closed the slide opened it then had towige the wire to get it to close. I'm at a jayco warranty shop now. Hoping we only lose one day of our trip. Thanks for the input

Tags
slider problem