Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
Hey Mega - first of all - welcome to the forum. I hate that you started out with such a bad experience. I know Jayco has problems here and there, just like any manufacturer, but that does not sound good. Having mold already in a 2012 is also surprising.

As far as a guide, there are magazines like Trailer Life - but I find these forums are the best to find out real world experience.

Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you - hopefully a Jayco.
Thanks for the warm welcome. Would have been worst if we had bought it..then discovered the problem after the fact. I start to wonder if these places sell knowing of problems,,,just to get the warranty work?? I hope that is not the case. REally like the layout of the models. I too enjoy the forums for information.

Tow Vehicle. '10 Ram 3500 SRW Mega Cab Auto 6.7 Cummins Diesel 4X4 with 3.73 gears
MegaWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #22

It makes me wonder what else happened to that trailer. I got to thinking - I have a hard time believing it left the factory like that and already has mold? It almost sounds like it got flooded or some kind of major event happened after it left the factory. I know Jayco has some issues here and there, but I cant see something like that leaving the factory. They do go through a quality check before leaving and while they miss things - it is hard to believe those items would have escaped them.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #23

Yes,, at least it looked like mold,, smelled musky sales person agreed we thought it was water damaged...all over inside wall cavity of the slide out diner sofa seat. When I spoke to the dealership about a week before I went to go see it in person, the sales person had mentioned that model was just delivered from the factory I believe at that time,, "last week"... but I have not talked to them since leaving their dealership... He did say they would "investigate" where it has been.. I should have taken pictures.. Maybe it floated its way to the dealership lot Kidding

Tow Vehicle. '10 Ram 3500 SRW Mega Cab Auto 6.7 Cummins Diesel 4X4 with 3.73 gears
MegaWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #24

Something doesn't sound right. If the trailer was just built and delivered within a week, that's not enough time for mold to develop to the degree you have described. If it were me, I would pass on that one and keep looking.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #25

Have you considered the Eagle SL 30.5 BHLT?
PrellFamily is offline   Reply With Quote