Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2016, 08:34 AM   #41

Here's a better picture
The disconnect switch is at the top... The left side is the 4ga goes to the converter 12v buss.
The right side is the 4ga from the converter charger section. Then goes to the to the black power post, where all the +12v wires meet. The 4ga goes down to the battery, the 2ga goes to the 80a breaker for the inverter, the black 8ga goes to the left breaker for the Ground Control, the 8ga black goes to the middle breaker for the solar, the 12ga red is for the Shwintek (I think)..I don't know where the standard electric slide is...the green 10ga is from the truck +12v
The only thing the disconnect switch turns off is the 12v fused items in the converter. The slides, inverter, levelling, battery charger and solar stays live.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:51 PM   #42

I checked behind the switch panel, also in the cubbard behind it. All that is 10 gauge or higher. No sign of solar wires behind where the sticker is. It was such a rats nest I took a photo I will share when I get it uploaded to the PC. I'll have to tidy that all up. Sharp screw ends protruding into that space where wires are just jammed into. These trailers are obviously made in a big hurry.
TQM at the factory would go a long way. Save them a bundle on warranty claims.
Onefastdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:07 PM   #43

Just finished the site and layout planning for my solar install on my 2016 321RSTS. I can confirm on my unit the MC4 roof connectors are wired direct to the battery, not through the disconnect switch. There is no fuse in line on my unit. I will install a resettable breaker in the positive line from the panels once installed so I can disconnect the panels should I need to and of course for protection of the system. As I am mounting my solar controller in the forward storage compartment it should be a straight forward install.

JM

Royal Canadian Air Force - Ret
2016 Eagle 321 RSTS
2016 F350
jwmercer is offline   Reply With Quote