Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2015, 04:01 PM   #1

Still putting the Filter Over the Water Pump...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443131904.339709.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	20304

This is a photo from a recent advertisement for the new Designer 5th wheel high end line. They are highlighting it having whole house water filtering. One of my gripes from my 2014 is that they installed the water filter behind the wall (harder to get at every year to replace) and they install it over the 12v water pump. So what happens every time you change the filter. It's wet and has some residual water in it. Where does it end up? Yup right on the pump and wiring. Sometimes they can weep and if not perfectly sealed they or the ring is starting to go or unseat, they slow leak, yup right on the 12v pump.

They should relocate this to the water control panel, or at least away from the pump and wiring. Just a suggestion for continual improvement!!
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
Attachment 20304

This is a photo from a recent advertisement for the new Designer 5th wheel high end line. They are highlighting it having whole house water filtering. One of my gripes from my 2014 is that they installed the water filter behind the wall (harder to get at every year to replace) and they install it over the 12v water pump. So what happens every time you change the filter. It's wet and has some residual water in it. Where does it end up? Yup right on the pump and wiring. Sometimes they can weep and if not perfectly sealed they or the ring is starting to go or unseat, they slow leak, yup right on the 12v pump.

They should relocate this to the water control panel, or at least away from the pump and wiring. Just a suggestion for continual improvement!!
I just put a towel over the pump. Problem solved. I have never had a filter leak/seep in all the years I have been using them.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
Site Team

There is nothing under my filter and I never spill a drop but that one is certainly not in a convenient location.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
but that one is certainly not in a convenient location.
Takes less than 5 min to change, at least on the PINNACLE.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:38 AM   #5

Not the best picture, but this is where I have my 2 stage water filter system. It works well and is easy to remove to replace the filters. There is approx a 1 inch gap between the door when closed and where the hoses pass from the filter assembly to the trailer input fitting and also from shore water. I have said I was going to mount this filter assembly to the wall, but it rides nicely where it is and I just haven't bothered to do it.

Sorry for the rotated picture.
Attached Thumbnails
20150620_054150.jpg  

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote