Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #1

Storage drawers drag when opening and closing.

Folks, we bought an Eagle SuperLite JT 26.5 RLS this winter and have been camping in it a bit, seven days at Zion and 23 days at Grand Teton National Park. We are having a couple of small problems with the FW. First, the storage drawers on the side of the counter, where you enter the FW, seem to drag when we pull it in or out, when loaded with cooking utensils, pot, pans, etc. Has anybody had the same situation and, if so, how did you rectify it? We simply took the heavy stuff out and put lighter stuff back in it. I don't like that fix as it doesn't allow us to use the drawers for what I think is the intended purpose.

Second, the water pump must be messed up somehow. When we pump the water at less than full pressure, maybe like just a little bit open, all the pipes in the FW rattle and shake. It doesn't happen when at full pressure. Does it with both cold and hot water. I plan on taking it in to the dealer after we get through this fall and have them take a look at it. Has anybody had this problem and, if so, how have you fixed it as well?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #2

We have a 2011 26.5 RKS and are having similar issues with the pump. It did not do it last year. The pump is a lot noisier this year.Waiting till we are done camping for the year before taking it into the dealer. We did have a drawer issue last year and they fixed it so it works fine now.
2003 F250 Super Crew Power Stroke 4x4
2014 Lund 1800 Tyee 175 Merc Verado 9.9 Pro Kicker
Dukedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #3

Duke, did they fix it under warranty or just do some stuff while it was there for other things. Do you know what they did to make the drawer not drag?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #4

They fixed it under warranty. No problem.
2003 F250 Super Crew Power Stroke 4x4
2014 Lund 1800 Tyee 175 Merc Verado 9.9 Pro Kicker
Dukedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #5

We had the same drawer issue, but never really had any weight in it. I brought it in three times before they fixed it right. I had to physically show them what was wrong! I could have done it, but the dealer is close to home. If you look under the drawer, there is a clasp unit (don’t recall its name), in the center of the drawer, that keeps the drawer latched. The drawer bottom sags a little and when you open/close the drawer it rubs on this clasp. My dealer removed it and moved it off to one side and installed a second one on the other side. I have not had an issue since.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #6

Sounds like a good dealer.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #7

I may just have the dealer deal with it then. We are planning on taking it in for the pump problem anyway. I'll just add that to the list. Thanks for the comments.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #8

My recommendation is leave all your stuff in the drawer. I was nice the first two trips and removed the items which took the weight off the drawer bottom, so the mechanic did not get the full scope of the issue. The last time I left all my stuff in the drawer so the could hear and feel what I felt.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
My recommendation is leave all your stuff in the drawer. I was nice the first two trips and removed the items which took the weight off the drawer bottom, so the mechanic did not get the full scope of the issue. The last time I left all my stuff in the drawer so the could hear and feel what I felt.
We have a 2012 HT 26.5 RLS and have the same thing with the pump. I just assumed that was normal. Will be anxious and following to see if there really is something wrong.

Does anyone know how to remove those side drawers? I wanted to get back underneath there but didn't find anyway to remove the drawers. Just curious.