Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #1

Super lite 30.5 RLS ??

We are thinking about trading in our TT for a 2012 super lite 30.5 RLS. We live in a rural area and the camper is hours away so have many questions before I travel the distance to see it. Can anyway tell me how roomy the rear living area is? It will just be mostly my husband and I but we dont want to be to crowded. The dealer said the couch is only 5 feet..is that pretty standard? Seems so short. Any info on it or tips on buying would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
lena2350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #2

Is that the HT model? I cannot help with that specific size. Ut we are getting our 23.5 on Thursday. I can measure the couch when I get it if you like, I'm pretty sure they are all the same? It's like a love seat size and opens up to make a bed (airbed).
The fit and finish of the Eagle Superlite HT is really nice. Looks better quality than some other RV company.
What do you tow now and whith what?
Brigitte
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #3

No its not a HT. We have a new Dodge Ram 2500 cummings so no problem with towing. Yes I would appreciate very much if you could measure your couch and let me know. thanks very much!
lena2350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #4

We have a 2011 RLS30.5 and love the layout. It works real well for the wife and myself and the occasional guest. We find the living room area plenty roomy. Just add a hassock or two to prop up the feet. I usually park my butt on one of the rockers and let the wife spread out on the couch.

One of the strong points of this layout is that most everything is usable with the slide-out closed. (ie: at a rest stop) The only unusable item is one of the two rockers.
We can pull over and make lunch, take a nap etc and have full use of the kitchen, couch, beds, etc.

We have the table/chairs option and usually only keep two chairs in the trailer. Again, works real well for two or three people.

The shortcoming of this model is the lack of a slide-out in the bedroom. Some folks need a roomy bedroom, not so for us. The bedroom is small but serviceable. I am 6'2" and weigh 280, but still can manage without complaining.

We also tow with a Dodge Ram 2500 w/Cummins, and use a PullRite sliding hitch.
Tows great, and I usually pass other trailers climbing steep grades. The engine brake works fabulous. This trailer/truck combo works well.

My advice on this model is to look hard at the bedroom and make sure you are OK with it. If so, then you will love it.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #5

I agree with Jamoke. We bought a new 2012 30.5 RLS a few weeks ago. Love the kitchen and living area, although the couch is short, too short to spread out for a nap. The biggest drawback is the tight, tight bedroom. We find it cumbersome, but workable.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #6

We have a 2012 30.5 RLS & the layout is great especially when traveling. Only shortcoming is the lack of room in the bedroom but workable
matt1946 is offline   Reply With Quote