Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #21

Our last trailer we used a 10" memory foam mattress. I cut the extra off with an electric carving knife (like you would use on the turkey). It went through it like butter.
2012 Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKs
AZ T&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #22

"Our last trailer we used a 10" memory foam mattress. I cut the extra off with an electric carving knife (like you would use on the turkey). It went through it like butter. "

Some excellent suggestions guys... I would imagine it would likely be cheaper to buy something for a regular queen and just cut off the excess, rather than trying to find something made special for the short queen.

My dear wife will be 7 or 8 months along by the time spring comes and we get back into the TT, so I am pretty sure she will be demanding the upgrade by then.

2011 28BHS
2011 F-150 5.0L with tow package
canuckowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #23

I have a simple 2" memory foam topper I cut to size. Made a huge difference - I can no longer feel the springs. If I was full timing, I would do something different, but for weekend use it is a good fix compared to a new mattress price.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
...We would have been VERY disappointed if we had waited and took delivery on something that had been changed but not reflected in any of their advertising or even on their Web site.

Steve
I would have been LIVID if that happened to me! Jayco certainly is slow about updating their website. It's sad...no... make that pathetic when dealers have specs, photos, and floorplans on their websites and the actual models on their lots long before Jayco has them on their website.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckowner View Post
Hey guys, while we're talking queen beds, may I side track the conversation with a different query?

Have any of you fine folks upgraded your mattress or added a topper to it for greater comfort? The standard mattress that came with our 28BHS is fine for weekend outings but for the long stays we're planning on doing I'm considering adding some sort of pillow top so I dont feel the coils in my backside!

Being a "short" queen I will likely have to do some shopping around online to find something that will be suitable.

I'd like to hear experiences from the rest of you Jaycophiles.
I bought a 3" memory foam topper at Sam's Club for $100. It was a regular queen size (60"x80") but an electric carving knife fixed that issue. Sleeps good now. I don't know if you have Sam's Club in Canada but if not you can get a regular queen topper and size it to fit the short queen.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrumfield View Post
I bought a 3" memory foam topper at Sam's Club for $100. It was a regular queen size (60"x80") but an electric carving knife fixed that issue. Sleeps good now. I don't know if you have Sam's Club in Canada but if not you can get a regular queen topper and size it to fit the short queen.
No Sam's Club but Wal Marts and Costcos abound, so we should be able to find a reasonable deal (although we like to come down to ND and MN for shopping trips too and actually bought the trailer in MN).

Looking forward to a softer sleep this spring.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ T&T View Post
We ordered our 29.5 at the end of October and picked it up the first part of December and there were changes in the bedroom. Luckily for us they were what we would consider improvements, but I could see how that would be bad if you were expecting one thing and had something else delivered.
AZ T&T, What were the changes in the bedroom, I'm interested to see if it is different than our new 29.5rks that we got at the end of october.
gatordone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #28

Originally there were floor to ceiling cabinets on each side of the bed and a small cubby in the head board. Now the cubby is gone and we have deep night stands and above them a wardrobe.

We were worried about not having night stands, so this was a nice surprise!
2012 Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKs
AZ T&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #29

Our SuperLight 25.5RKS came with a short queen. I extended the platform and installed after-market full queen...no problems, plenty of clearance, great sleep!
JT Strongarms
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #30

I recently purchased a 2010 super light with a short Queen. I thought a queen was a queen at time of purchase but didnt measure it. Its barely long enough for me. A little ticked about the discovery now. Do actual queen fitted sheets work, or do they slip around?
Parkland is offline   Reply With Quote