Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #1

Super Slide problem "03 Eagle "

When I hit the switch to retract or extend it takes off fine but then acts as if the battery is running out, until its stops. Wait a while and it does the same thing. everything else works fine, front levelers work perfect. Its as if the battery is low. I changed out batteries and looked at the switch and found nothing wrong. Left the new battery installed and wondering what the problem is, not even sure were to start my trouble shooting. I'm good at things like this, but would like to know if anyone has encountered this same problem? any advice is welcome.
LoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #2

Doesn't sound like a battery issue. It could be a corroded wire connection, or perhaps you need to lube up all the moving parts and gears. Almost sounds like something is not alligned correctly. Iv'e never had that problem but I hope this helps you in your troubleshooting efforts.
Myles6543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:04 AM   #3

LoBo does this happen with the unit hooked up to shore power? Wondering how old is your battery? You might check your battery ground to the frame too. Another check is to run two wires direct to the motor of the slide and wire direct to the battery. That would tell you if it is an electrical wiring problem. The reason I say that is my dealer just did that to my Designer as 3 of my slides failed to operate. Hope this helps, let us know what you come up with.
Wayne
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #4

Did it both ways with shore power and without, same result. It appears only two wires go to the motor, reversing the polarity changes the direction of the slide out. Since it will do the same thing in both direction, I'm thinking ground at the motor or something in the gears. I can only use the self crank with the help of the motor, without the motor to help the self crank will shear the pin. This makes me think something is binding in the gears. Anyone had any problems with the slide biding up, the only place I know to lube is the external gears. Not sure how or if you should lube the gear box as its inclosed.
LoBo is offline   Reply With Quote