Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2017, 07:33 AM   #1

Taking Delivery

Leaving in 1/2 hour to go pick up the new Pinnacle. Luckily it's close by. PDI, then load the TON of stuff I had to get. Then, camping this weekend! This is our first RV (Go big or go home I guess) so we were starting from scratch. Wonder what the first thing we're going to realize we are missing is....LOL....Been scouring boards for months so hopefully it's nothing too important.....
Fishermanbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishermanbb View Post
Leaving in 1/2 hour to go pick up the new Pinnacle. Luckily it's close by. PDI, then load the TON of stuff I had to get. Then, camping this weekend! This is our first RV (Go big or go home I guess) so we were starting from scratch. Wonder what the first thing we're going to realize we are missing is....LOL....Been scouring boards for months so hopefully it's nothing too important.....
WE are taking delivery of our 2017 Pinnacle 38REFS tomorrow in Maine. My beautiful wife has pretty much made it her mission to fill every inch of this thing before we even open the doors. I was in charge of the beer, and I will make that fit no matter what.
Jm194353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #3

I'd make sure I had leveling blocks. I've had stroke issues with the jacks. Congrats on the rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heath_Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm194353 View Post
WE are taking delivery of our 2017 Pinnacle 38REFS tomorrow in Maine. My beautiful wife has pretty much made it her mission to fill every inch of this thing before we even open the doors. I was in charge of the beer, and I will make that fit no matter what.
Ours is a 38 REFS too!. Delivery went very smoothly. A few things they found during PDI were either fixed or ordered but they were minor. The rig looks good and I am pretty sure everything is working. Struggling a little with water/ice in the refer but I think it is because the tank is low. I will mess with that tomorrow. As of now, it is loaded and ready to go camping this weekend! Good luck with your delivery tomorrow!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath_Hambone View Post
I'd make sure I had leveling blocks. I've had stroke issues with the jacks. Congrats on the rig.

Thanks! I made leveling blocks out of a stall mat and they are on board. However, I installed the snap pads and leveled the rig (FROM MY PHONE!!) no problem today. I made sure to drop the legs to about 4-5" from the ground, then made sure the nose was higher....leveled like it knew what it was doing. 'll see how tomorrow goes at the campsite (Fingers crossed).
Old 04-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #6

Awesome
You purchase from WES
Tg310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg310 View Post
Awesome
You purchase from WES
Yes. They were really great. Nice guys and they care. I almost bought somewhere else because I didn't realize I could get a Pinnacle from them. Long story but another dealer I was literally ready to sign with pissed me off so much I decided to take a breather and re-think doing business with them. On a whim I stopped into WES ( I live around the corner) and asked them if they could do a Pinnacle. Obviously they could and they were very price competetive. I couldn't be happier with them and I am so glad I stopped by to ask.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #8

Great
We just bought a 2017 eagle ht 29.5bhds from them.. offline date was 4/24. Waiting patiently lol
The guys their are great. They serviced our old fifth wheel which they sold on consignment
Tom
Old 04-28-2017, 04:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg310 View Post
Great
We just bought a 2017 eagle ht 29.5bhds from them.. offline date was 4/24. Waiting patiently lol
The guys their are great. They serviced our old fifth wheel which they sold on consignment
Tom
Nice!! You'll have it soon. They don't stay there very long. We got taken by surprise. In mid march we were expecting the trailer (Both WES and I) at the end of April. Kenny called me on March 28th and said he had just talked to the factory and it was due off the line in a few days. He said it will be here in about 2 weeks. He called me Friday 3/31 and said " You're not going to believe what showed up this morning".....LOL..........My guess is you'll have it in the next 10 days.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:10 AM   #10

Here it is. 8" clearance on the bed rails. Slightly nose high but just a hair (I added correct Track to lift it a little and give me some more rear end ground clearance. Tows very easily so far though I haven't gone very far with it. Truck air bags at 35 PSI.
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2017, 05:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Here it is. 8" clearance on the bed rails. Slightly nose high but just a hair (I added correct Track to lift it a little and give me some more rear end ground clearance. Tows very easily so far though I haven't gone very far with it. Truck air bags at 35 PSI.

Nice what's your TV?

rv13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:20 AM   #12

Quote:
What's your clearance after raising the trailer?

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv13 View Post
Nice what's your TV?

2017 F350 ( Diesel, 355 axle). Plenty of headroom on the GCWR. Close on the CCC but it will be fine.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:30 AM   #14

Nice good luck. Where's the first trip to? Getting off the island?

rv13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
What's your clearance after raising the trailer?

Earl
I'll check for you when I hook it back up. It is still low but I picked up 2" which is a world of difference. The good news is the bed clearance is really good.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv13 View Post
Nice good luck. Where's the first trip to? Getting off the island?

No. We are staying VERY close as this is a shakedown cruise. We are going to Wildwood which is literally 5 minutes from our house and 5 minutes from the dealer. My Brother in law will be there too so it should be fun. I want to spend the weekend learning the camper, fixing whatever is broken, etc. being close makes it easy to run to the dealer if necessary or run home if we forgot something. This is our first year doing this so we will ease into it. I'm sure we will hit the road this summer at some point. We do Montauk in July for a week. Probably do Niagara Falls and Lake George at some point.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:44 AM   #17

According to Jayco specs, my 2017 293RKDS should be 12'8 with the special ordered low profile mach 8 bedroom AC. I just got the trailer Wednesday. I need to measure and see.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #18

So jealous
Our first trip is Wildwood too. If it ever comes in lol
Going to WES today.