Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2017, 05:30 AM   #1

Taking delivery of 2017 KPTS in 2 weeks

1st time poster. Wife and I are changing gears from full time live aboard sailboat cruisers to full time RV'rs. I have some health issues (balance) from the military that have caught up with me. We have looked at this 5'r twice and the price was right. Our initial inspection before agreeing to purchase turned up a few flaws. The salesman told us not to expect everything to get corrected since this was a clearance. HA! Not a clearance 5'r; just the last 2017 KPTS. Sp far all is getting done and we have our PDI in 2 weeks. We are excited and a little scared. But, same with the boat a few years back. Life will be different but still better than working!!

Anything we need to pay particular attention to during our PDI? I will use the forms posted on this site.

Thanks in advance.

Robert
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:44 AM   #2

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the group! Lots of great folks here for sure...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:27 AM   #3

Welcome and congrats on your new venture. Don't let a salesman say its a clearance trailer so don't expect everything to be right, since its a new trailer with a two year warranty its your right to have everything working properly. The PDI is very important, don't let them rush you through because once its off the lot it will take a lot longer to get it fixed. Check all systems, run the heat, A/C, make sure its full of water and run everything looking for leaks inside and out. Its similar to a boat just check it over good.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #4

If a salesman told me that during the purchase process on a new rig I'd walk away. Now if it was a used rig that's different.

What he is really saying is that he doesn't value you as a customer.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:48 AM   #5

Another thought is about the roof, how long has this TT been sitting on the dealers lot, Jayco is pretty picky about roof leaks under warranty, it has to be checked every six months or all bets are off. Look at the sticker on the outside of the trailer near the front, it will list weights and a build date in the upper right corner. If its over six months old have the dealer confirm in writing they have inspected the roof before delivery this way you are protected then its up to you to keep an eye on the seams, etc. Look for any signs of leaking around ceiling vents, roof antenna, A/C, windows, doors, walls, if you see any of this on the surface there is more damage in the walls walk away.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote