Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #1

Television interference

Eagle HT29.5BHDS

Hi all, Just back from a couple of weeks out in the 5er and have had 2 issues that I wondered if anyone else has seen. First issue is that when watching tv using the antenna there is interference when certain lights are turned on in the trailer? To me it sounds like a bad cable maybe?

2nd issue when using the remote to lift the front landing gear my awning will come out about a foot and then stop while the landing gear is still retracting?

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, I did call dealer and he is to look into it for me but not a big enough issue for me to take it back till after camping season is over.

Thanks,

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:53 AM   #2

I will bet that the interference is present when LED lights are turned on. I have the same problem with the LED's that I installed. According to what I was told, the regulator circuits broadcast the interference and can overwhelm the weak broadcast signal received by the antenna and then amplified. I don't know of a fix at this point, except to turn the LED off.
trainer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:14 AM   #3

Agree with Trainer 51. I have halogen and incandescent bulbs in our WhiteHawk, but have LED bulbs in virtually every fixture in the stick n' brick. When on they don't seem to affect our TV sets, but will create some static like buzzing on a radio, either AM or FM band. Lights off, no problem. Another possibility might (emphasis on might) be your converter running when you are drawing a high 12V load.
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote