Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #11
Glad everyone is ok!!! Sorry to hear about the loss....

Good luck deciding, and hopefully the process goes smoothly.

Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #12
Sorry to read about your Seismic TH. What a tragic loss. I hope you and your's are ok and I hope the shopping for the replacement goes smoothly.

Henk the German Shepherd & Family
2006 Toyota Sequoia
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #13
Sorry to hear about your TH Just a little input on the slide systems on Jayco. I work on the line that builds Designer, Pinnacle, and North Point. The 17 models have a much better drive mechanism on the heavy kitchen slides. Big improvement!! Designer is a very nice unit... ( nice paint options )
J&J 8587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #14

Wife and I have a Pinnacle 36 KPTS and I had concerns about the slides as well. We've had it for about 4 months and have been on several trips with absolutely no problems. I did a lot of research and the only slide that ever seems to have trouble is the large kitchen slides. The Schwintek slides have been reported to have lots of problems but in my opinion it's due to poor information on their part. Before we bought ours we had the dealer sit down and give us his honest opinion. We bought from Steves RV in Lacombe, LA and a more honest and truthful dealer I have never found. Have bought 3 trailers from them and never a problem. The owner actually works on all the RV's himself with his Son-in Law.

That being said he advised to put all slides out before auto leveling. The only repairs he has ever had with the Schwintek slides since they have been introduced is from having the camper on a not very level surface, auto leveling then putting the slides out. This racks the frame and puts undue stress on the guides causing them to bind. This info is opposite from what Lippert advises and they have actually called Lippert to report this and just lately Lippert has started to acknowledge this might solve binding problems. I have followed this procedure each and every time and have had not a bit of issue. The two small slideouts will probably never be a problem just the very long one due to it's being more exposed to wracking.

If you are on a level site or concrete pad you probably wouldn't have a problem either way but I've gotten in the habit now and it's pretty easy. I back in, lower front jacks, connect all hoses and electric, put slides out, unhook truck, auto level. I'm sure some people might have had problems and might comment i'm doing things all wrong but this is the way my dealer advised, he hasn't steered me wrong yet and it works perfect. Pinnacle is an awesome 5er and we love it due to the large amount of counter space. I think you would love it as well. Good luck and I hope this helps. Now I have to go finish washing the damn bugs off the front cuz we just pulled in from Disney last night and don't want them to dry to long.

Dave & Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #15
I would choose the Pinnacle over the Designer. We looked at both and in my opinion the Designer is much more expensive with only a paint job difference. If you order a decked out Pinnacle it has everything the Designer has for less money and you can pay to have a custom paint job and it will still be cheaper. My two cents. You can PM me and I will be happy to give you more input and things we did to ours after purchase.

Dave & Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote