Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2016, 12:39 PM   #1

Unhappy TH totaled in WVa flooding.

Have the Seismic in my sig...Got caught in record flooding in WVa, last Thursday/Friday. Water was 5' high IN my TH for approx 10 hrs. It's pathetic,,made the wife and I sick...Have Progressive insurance, full coverage due to unit only being 10 months old. I'm looking at a Designer 38FLSA or Pinnacle 38FLSA...also a Heartland 365 series and DRV Mobile Suites,, Was going to go with full body paint on the Pinnacle, but still concerned about the slide system...Would get the G rated Goodyears, so tires not an issue.

Any input on any of the above?

Jim
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Sorry to hear. No idea what you want but happy to hear that you were not in danger or hurt.

Insurance is good also!!!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #3

I know one thing, DRV's are gorgeous.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #4
Site Team

Sorry to hear about your TH. Myself, family and many freinds where also affected by this awful flooding. My niece lost her TT as well. But ya no we made out alot better than some so we are counting our blessings.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #5

Agree WVDusty...a lot lost a whole lot more than I did to be sure..Born and raised in Beckley..Own property on Greenbriar River in Pence Springs. 3rd. highest flood level hit at 22' in recording history..Was raising 2 to 3' an hr...

Was more or less also asking about thoughts on the Pinnacle.

Jim
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Hauler View Post
Was going to go with full body paint on the Pinnacle, but still concerned about the slide system...Would get the G rated Goodyears, so tires not an issue.

Any input on any of the above?

Jim
There a lot of PINNACLES out there that don't have slide issues, actually a lot JAYCO's that aren't having slide issues.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:01 PM   #7
Site Team

That really stinks but at least the insurance will make it whole again......
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:55 AM   #8

Wow, man that do suck but at least your insurance will take care of you.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Wow, man that do suck but at least your insurance will take care of you.
X2. Great that you have full replacement coverage. Good luck on your new purchase and hopefully, they don't drop you after this!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #10

Wow Jim sorry to hear about your TH!! That's a shame.
The Pinnacle we bought about a month ago, we really like a lot. It is a lot different than the Mobile Suites we had. Those things are SO heavy!!
Don't miss it at all.......
Can't wait to get better tires on this thing for sure.
Good Luck with whatever you guys choose.

Take Care
Jack
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #11

Glad everyone is ok!!! Sorry to hear about the loss....

Good luck deciding, and hopefully the process goes smoothly.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #12

Sorry to read about your Seismic TH. What a tragic loss. I hope you and your's are ok and I hope the shopping for the replacement goes smoothly.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #13

Sorry to hear about your TH Just a little input on the slide systems on Jayco. I work on the line that builds Designer, Pinnacle, and North Point. The 17 models have a much better drive mechanism on the heavy kitchen slides. Big improvement!! Designer is a very nice unit... ( nice paint options )
J&J 8587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #14

Jim,

Wife and I have a Pinnacle 36 KPTS and I had concerns about the slides as well. We've had it for about 4 months and have been on several trips with absolutely no problems. I did a lot of research and the only slide that ever seems to have trouble is the large kitchen slides. The Schwintek slides have been reported to have lots of problems but in my opinion it's due to poor information on their part. Before we bought ours we had the dealer sit down and give us his honest opinion. We bought from Steves RV in Lacombe, LA and a more honest and truthful dealer I have never found. Have bought 3 trailers from them and never a problem. The owner actually works on all the RV's himself with his Son-in Law.

That being said he advised to put all slides out before auto leveling. The only repairs he has ever had with the Schwintek slides since they have been introduced is from having the camper on a not very level surface, auto leveling then putting the slides out. This racks the frame and puts undue stress on the guides causing them to bind. This info is opposite from what Lippert advises and they have actually called Lippert to report this and just lately Lippert has started to acknowledge this might solve binding problems. I have followed this procedure each and every time and have had not a bit of issue. The two small slideouts will probably never be a problem just the very long one due to it's being more exposed to wracking.

If you are on a level site or concrete pad you probably wouldn't have a problem either way but I've gotten in the habit now and it's pretty easy. I back in, lower front jacks, connect all hoses and electric, put slides out, unhook truck, auto level. I'm sure some people might have had problems and might comment i'm doing things all wrong but this is the way my dealer advised, he hasn't steered me wrong yet and it works perfect. Pinnacle is an awesome 5er and we love it due to the large amount of counter space. I think you would love it as well. Good luck and I hope this helps. Now I have to go finish washing the damn bugs off the front cuz we just pulled in from Disney last night and don't want them to dry to long.

Cheers,
Dave
Dave & Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #15

I would choose the Pinnacle over the Designer. We looked at both and in my opinion the Designer is much more expensive with only a paint job difference. If you order a decked out Pinnacle it has everything the Designer has for less money and you can pay to have a custom paint job and it will still be cheaper. My two cents. You can PM me and I will be happy to give you more input and things we did to ours after purchase.

Dave
Dave & Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote