Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #21

Just make sure you inspect the GD just as carefully
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
Just make sure you inspect the GD just as carefully
I'm going to think the dealer will after how the Jayco showed up and how I pointed out 15 areas that were messed up, while only being in the unit 30 min lol. But yes, I will be more thurough than any normal human.
Cummins-a-pullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:36 AM   #23

I would not assume the dealer would do anything differently, except maybe try and hide anything that they find wrong
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #24

So I went to the dealership this morning to show the kids the GD and while we were there the salesman showed us that the back wall had actually popped off. Where the roof and wall meet there is a 1-1.5" gap between the trim and wall, and you can see a visible crack forming 8" above the back window in the fiberglass. This happened over the weekend he said cause non of us noticed it on Saturday.
I did call the factory, and the rep I talked to was very numb to the fact I had major issues, almost like he gets a lot of the calls. It's a real shame if this is the norm.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
I would not assume the dealer would do anything differently, except maybe try and hide anything that they find wrong
I doubt this, they were very upfront about the floor being ripped, I think most dealers would have said nothing as it was very hidden in the "wood" floor design.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins-a-pullin View Post
So I went to the dealership this morning to show the kids the GD and while we were there the salesman showed us that the back wall had actually popped off. Where the roof and wall meet there is a 1-1.5" gap between the trim and wall, and you can see a visible crack forming 8" above the back window in the fiberglass. This happened over the weekend he said cause non of us noticed it on Saturday.
I did call the factory, and the rep I talked to was very numb to the fact I had major issues, almost like he gets a lot of the calls. It's a real shame if this is the norm.
This was the new one? Makes it really tough.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
This was the new one? Makes it really tough.
Not the GD, the Jayco's wall popped off. The GD is ordered and should be here mid September.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:07 PM   #28

Great. Guess I misread a little. Waiting stinks but I hope you have success on the GD. I feel you will.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #29

I bought a 2016 29.5 BHDS and the rear wall started delaminating after 9 months. The rear lights were leaking. Now the entry side wall is starting to bubble up from water damage. The dealer went to bat for me on the rear wall getting the part and 12 hrs labor approved, but they don't want to even talk about the side stating it was neglect on my part to up keep maintenance. This is my 4th Jayco product and will be my last. I love the design, layout, fair price, but the quality scares me anymore. To top it all off, I can't get the dealer to return my calls on actually doing the repairs. No more Jaycos and def no more purchases from this dealer.
davisenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisenvy View Post
I bought a 2016 29.5 BHDS and the rear wall started delaminating after 9 months. The rear lights were leaking. Now the entry side wall is starting to bubble up from water damage. The dealer went to bat for me on the rear wall getting the part and 12 hrs labor approved, but they don't want to even talk about the side stating it was neglect on my part to up keep maintenance. This is my 4th Jayco product and will be my last. I love the design, layout, fair price, but the quality scares me anymore. To top it all off, I can't get the dealer to return my calls on actually doing the repairs. No more Jaycos and def no more purchases from this dealer.
Sorry to hear about this, this is the exact reason I refused the purchase. I didn't want to be dealing with issues over the life of the camper.