Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2016, 09:06 PM   #1

Theatre Seats ?

I was wondering if anyone who has an Eagle fifth wheel with the Theatre Seat option can comment on how far they recline. Do they lay our all the way or do they hit the wall.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #2

Theater seat

2016 Eagle 291. They don't lay completly flat , they do recline like most recliners They don't hit the wall as they move forward as they recline
Mangort1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangort1900 View Post
2016 Eagle 291. They don't lay completly flat , they do recline like most recliners They don't hit the wall as they move forward as they recline
Cool. That's what I was looking for. Sitting here thinking of the new coach we have on order and watching this show on TV where people tour a few RV's and then buy one. One coach they showed the theatre seats layed down like a standard recliner would (wall hugger?) and the other they hit the wall... This got my brain thinking about what we would be getting.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #4

If you do have the information on the make and model of your recliner, can you please share them with me via a PM? We've been looking to get one from Jayco, but they are charging exorbitant amount for one.

Thanks,
Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangort1900 View Post
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #5

Got theater seats in our 321 and they "hug" the wall when reclining. No need to pull them away from the wall. They seem very comfy so far and recline just right for a mid day nap. There are cleats in the floor to keep them from moving around but they're easy to move when you want to clean under them or retrieve what ever fell out of your pocket while snoozing.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:52 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies. Our coach is on order and I'm sitting here with nothing better to do than analyze every aspect of the choices we made. Were really excited to get it as it will be quite an upgrade for us.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #7

Hey Rusty....sounds like me. Made my wife crazy during the waiting process. By the time our 321 got here I knew more about it than the dealer did.
We camped in the driveway thus weekend and I discovered that the theater seats aren't as comfy as I thought. There's no support for your butt and lower back wnen you sit upright. The foam and springs just sag. Gotta find a way to support the back 5 or 6" of the seat. Thought about a strip of plywood between the spring and foam back there but haven't tried it yet. On my list of projects.....
Old 05-16-2016, 01:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Grandpa View Post
Hey Rusty....sounds like me. Made my wife crazy during the waiting process. By the time our 321 got here I knew more about it than the dealer did.
We camped in the driveway thus weekend and I discovered that the theater seats aren't as comfy as I thought. There's no support for your butt and lower back wnen you sit upright. The foam and springs just sag. Gotta find a way to support the back 5 or 6" of the seat. Thought about a strip of plywood between the spring and foam back there but haven't tried it yet. On my list of projects.....

I'll be watching to see what you come up with. My primary concern was that they recline without hitting the wall. From there I can modify as necessary.

I'm a big guy so I'm already reviewing how to reinforce the bed threads.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #9

So here's what I did to fix the sag.
Flip the chair over and unhook the three springs from their rear hooks. Pull (or roll) the springs as far forward ashy can.
Cut a piece of commercial carpet to about 22 X 22" and work it under the springs to within about 4" of the front where you'll see a separation in the existing foam cushion. The front area doesn't need any shoring up since it's already thicker. Tuck the carpet up into the lumbar area a few inches in the back and then into the side frame space....just enough to hold the existing foam up tighter into the side of the swat. Then take a 22x22x2" piece of good density foam ad do the same thing. Re stretch the springs into their rear hooks and there ya have it.
Chairs sit nice and firm with no butt sag. With my lousy back and one bad hip it was an important fix....now I can lounge around in comfort while I'm roughing it in the wilderness.....haha!
$20 for the foam at Hobby Lobby, free carpet scraps from what I found in my garage from when I recarpeted the last 5er. Whole job took less than 30 min once I figured out how to do it.

There ya have it!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Grandpa View Post
So here's what I did to fix the sag.
Flip the chair over and unhook the three springs from their rear hooks. Pull (or roll) the springs as far forward ashy can.
Cut a piece of commercial carpet to about 22 X 22" and work it under the springs to within about 4" of the front where you'll see a separation in the existing foam cushion. The front area doesn't need any shoring up since it's already thicker. Tuck the carpet up into the lumbar area a few inches in the back and then into the side frame space....just enough to hold the existing foam up tighter into the side of the swat. Then take a 22x22x2" piece of good density foam ad do the same thing. Re stretch the springs into their rear hooks and there ya have it.
Chairs sit nice and firm with no butt sag. With my lousy back and one bad hip it was an important fix....now I can lounge around in comfort while I'm roughing it in the wilderness.....haha!
$20 for the foam at Hobby Lobby, free carpet scraps from what I found in my garage from when I recarpeted the last 5er. Whole job took less than 30 min once I figured out how to do it.

There ya have it!
Appreciate the howto. Kind of hard to picture having not seen the underside but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm looking forward to getting our rig and personalizing it a bit.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #11

Our 317RLOK has them and they're huggers as well. No contact with the wall behind at all!
Old 05-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #12

Are you happy with them?

How do you like your B&W hitch? I'm undecided between the Reese Titan and the B&W Patriot.

I don't have the pucks in my truck so will be using rails.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
Are you happy with them?

How do you like your B&W hitch? I'm undecided between the Reese Titan and the B&W Patriot.

I don't have the pucks in my truck so will be using rails.
We do like them. I have to say that the quality isn't the greatest but not the worst either. They look better then they actually are.

As for the B&W hitch, I love it. The pucks make removing it easy and allows me to use the truck bed when I need to.