Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #1

Thedford Aqua-Magic problem

After about a year the toilet would sometimes hold a small amount of water and sometimes would not. Dealer said to clean the seal, did that, same issue. Now the valve will close slowly thereby adding more water that necessary. One time it did not completely shut off and ran over. Have found it another time just about to run over. Any suggestions from anyone?
-Reece Revolution Pin Box - Requires a double jaw hitch
lastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #2

I'd try turning off the water, turning on a vent fan, opening the flush valve and spray liberally 100% pure silicone spray onto the rubber seal and the plastic sliding valve. Then I'd close the valve, spray some more, and let it sit a bit. Cross your fingers, and when you turn on the water again your issue will be solved. Maybe. If it continues to not hold water, clean the seal again and spray some more silicone after it's clean. If that doesn't fix it, replace the seal and possibly any weak springs that close the valve.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

I hope it isn't too much out of line to tell a toilet overflow story.
Back in 2004 we had our daughter and granddaughter with us in our new-to-us motor home in Wisconsin. We had attended the big show at Oshkosh and pulled into a grass RV park to let the gals tour the dairy farms in the region. They took off in the toad and I stayed behind to take care of a few things. It turned out to be a lucky thing that I did. The park had water and electricity but the sewer dump was down at the end. After a while I went inside and realized the carpet was so wet it was nearly floating. A quick survey told me that the toilet valve had stuck and ran until the tank was full, overflowed into the heater vents until they were full, and was slowly trying to fill the whole place up. I got the valve shut and opened the basement doors and the low spots were full of water so I piled everything out on the grass. Next pulled the registers and drilled holes in the vents to let the water drain out of them. When I finally got everything halfway straight I fired up the coach to drive down to the sewer dump to empty the tank. When I got back up to park in our space the guy next door was laughing. He said that when I pulled out and turned the corner water was pouring out every basement door.

Fortunately it was a hot day in Wisconsin and we got everything dried out, eventually. I was also glad that we had started with a pretty empty tank so the water wasn't as foul as one might think. At least it was well diluted with a couple hundred gallons of fresh water
3330 is offline   Reply With Quote